Should I buy this while it's on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
93 cfm, so what? its 47db when it pushes that much air, louder than most people here would consider acceptable.

yeah i guess thats a little loud, i just glanced at the CFM. I still think i might pick one up though, keep the rpm low until i start playing games, then crank it up. Not like i'd hear it over my 5.1 suround sound.

Ok, I have given the fan thing alot of thought over the past day. I definatly want green case fans. I'm using blue right now, so I want something different more than anything. And I think a black case with green fans would look sick.

These caught my eye:

Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-UGN 120mm Green LED Case Fan - Retail

They only have an average of four eggs, but I looked at the exact other fans in different colors, and they all got five eggs. Plus, I saw one review where the user put these in his 830 evolution, and had nothing but good things to say. I'm not very picky about noise. I run my Sapphire x1950PRO fan at 100% when I game, and it sounds like a hair dryer. I've slept with it on overnight before, and it doesn't bother me a bit. So as long as the case fans aren't absurdly loud (which I doubt they will be), I'm cool with it.

Meh, I still haven't gotten around to ordering any of this. It really ticks me off now because they marked up the 830 Evo to $260, the original price. So while I'm stalling on this, what's the difference between the 830 and 832? All I notice is the front panel door. That can't be the only thing. Thanks.

Meh, I still haven't gotten around to ordering any of this. It really ticks me off now because they marked up the 830 Evo to $260, the original price. So while I'm stalling on this, what's the difference between the 830 and 832? All I notice is the front panel door. That can't be the only thing. Thanks.

Only thing different is the front door panel. Only reason there is a 820 was because the NVIDIA SLI edition. They are the exact same same. Are you canadian by any chance? because NCIX now has the new 3rd gen 830 SE's in stock, they are made of aluminum so it transfer's heat better then the steel case EVO's. NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster CM Stacker 830 Evo E-ATX Black Aluminum Case 9X5.25 4X3.5INT No PS W/ 2X120MM Fan - RC-830-KKN3 In Canada.

Also cheaper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom