Final Final build (hopefully) soon to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
Okay okay, so I know the last one was the final build, but some extra suggestions came through, and with some brain storming I re-came to this!

Case: Thermaltake SHARK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
CPU: Intel Dual-Core E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775
Heatsink:Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
ROM(s): 2xSAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA
PSU: CORSAIR ATX12V V2.2 550W
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD
Monitor: SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen
Keyboard: Logitech Black USB Standard Deluxe 250
Mouse: Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming

Okay so I know I've posted this couple times, but now since I've downgraded the CPU, and changed my heatsink for the most part... I want to see what you guys think.

Now, I had it at the E6750... thing is, I heard that you can OC the E2180 pretty easily and up to atleast 3.6ghz... now sense I'm waiting for the Q9900's to release... I'm just trying to get a decent CPU thats going to hold me over "HAPPILY" until that day... also, I hear not a lot of software is taking care of the "quad cores" we have today... so why bother, though... next year thats supposed to change, along with the REAL new quad cores...

Any thoughts?

With a rig as high end as that, why on earth would you want an Allendale? I heard those weren't much better than the P4's. Sure, you can overclock it but still. You say you're waiting to upgrade to the Q9900s? That's the quad core Penryn if I'm not mistaken. Truth be told, the Penryn's aren't as revolutionary as people make them out to be. When conroe came out, it was 40% faster than the P4's whilst using 40% less energy. The Penryn's won't be anywhere near as revolutionary as that. Their main attraction is, because of the 45nm fabrication, they can be overclocked more.

If I were you I would buy a Q6600, and wait for 32nm Nehalem to come out. That is supposed to be the next big step up in processor architecture and performance, not Penryn; and trust me, the Q6600 will hold you over until then, even if you don't overclock it.

With a rig as high end as that, why on earth would you want an Allendale? I heard those weren't much better than the P4's. Sure, you can overclock it but still. You say you're waiting to upgrade to the Q9900s? That's the quad core Penryn if I'm not mistaken. Truth be told, the Penryn's aren't as revolutionary as people make them out to be. When conroe came out, it was 40% faster than the P4's whilst using 40% less energy. The Penryn's won't be anywhere near as revolutionary as that. Their main attraction is, because of the 45nm fabrication, they can be overclocked more.

If I were you I would buy a Q6600, and wait for 32nm Nehalem to come out. That is supposed to be the next big step up in processor architecture and performance, not Penryn; and trust me, the Q6600 will hold you over until then, even if you don't overclock it.

It was just an idea to hold me over until the Q9900's... which I hear are the first true quad cores... the Q6600's being two duo's slapped on one die... and if the e2180 coould be clocked, and hold it's own until the real quads come out... plus, have software that will start utilizing the technology that was the plan..

Like he said, Penryn isn't anything special... Just cause the current quads aren't 'true' quads doesn't mean they suck and 'true' quads will own them.

And you do get what you pay for.. E2180's may be a good value but they are NOT for builds with a GTX... the 1mb cache will hold you back in intense games.

Also thermaltake cases are not very good at all

It's not worth waiting like 4 months+ and wasting $90

Like he said, Penryn isn't anything special... Just cause the current quads aren't 'true' quads doesn't mean they suck and 'true' quads will own them.

And you do get what you pay for.. E2180's may be a good value but they are NOT for builds with a GTX... the 1mb cache will hold you back in intense games.

Also thermaltake cases are not very good at all

It's not worth waiting like 4 months+ and wasting $90

actually from what I've seen (its from the Inquirer so i don't trust its reliability) but the Yorkfield is two Wolfdales in one... but I'm not sure....

I'd say that Yorkfield is good but don't wait... the q6600 is more than enough to hold out for a couple of years...

The penryn isnt 4 cores on 1 die either. Its mainly just a conroe with a die shrink and a few extras. The true quadcore wont be until nehalem comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom