8800 gts 640mb driver crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtowns

In Runtime
Ive got my self a gigabyte 8800 gts 640mb's while playing games like f.e.a.r Or ghost recon advanced warfighter the nvidia display driver crashes to the desktop & the game exits and all of the desktop looks like its running in 256 colours and then the monitor goes black & reports no signal ... sometimes it will just come up with an error saying that the nvidia display driver is not working or somethink like that , Ive been playing an older game ghost recon 1 and ive had no troubles playing it but its a 5 year old game , Ive tryed using the latest nvidia drivers also ive tryed using the 1's that where on the cd that came with the gfx card .. When im playing these games in the nvidia control panel ive got everythink set to high ive got the driver to overrider any AA settings with 16X in the games options ive got everythink set to high 4x aa etc.... I just dont know what to do ive felt that sick the last few days it feels like ive just chucked $ 555 down the drain................. I dont understand this cause ive seen on other forums that people have been playing f.e.a.r with no problems using the 8800 gts graphics card.... my temps are fine the gfx card gets to 65C full load my power supply specs seem to be ok 560W 2X 12v rails 20A on each rail = 40amps

Specs

Cpu: intel pentium d 935 3.2ghz dual core
Ram: 1gb corsair 667mhz
Motherboard:p5vd2-vm ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

umm so you've tried latest drivers, you can return the 8800GTS so dont worry about wasting money, i would return it saying its faulty and get a replacement and try that, or try the 8800GTS on a different machine

umm so you've tried latest drivers, you can return the 8800GTS so dont worry about wasting money, i would return it saying its faulty and get a replacement and try that, or try the 8800GTS on a different machine

i already tryed this & he tryed to say that it was because my motherboard wasnt suited to this gfx card ??????? Motherbaord p.5.v.d.2-vm iggnore the dots... its so i dont get that little smiley face

Ive just downloaded the last beta drivers i played fear for about 2 hours & didnt have a problem... as soon as i tryed to start playing graw i had the problem again... But when i was using the non beta drivers i have had the crashing problem in f.e.a.r as well....... Does someone maybe no some older drivers that have worked for them or someone else ... the oldest drivers ive used where the 1's on the cd that came with the card ... they probly wernt that old

Also make sure your DX drivers are the newest. I'm getting my 8800 GTX tomorrow from new egg and I've been reading alot of posts about Windows XP crashing and How These cards work better with Vista but I'm not ready to switch yet. Check out some other forums also theres alot of info out there about this problem.
I got this from another site see if it helps you...
Installation hint:

1. Go into Device Manager in the Control Panel under System.

2. locate the Display Adapter

3. Click it And Un-Install it. (All of it even the profiles.)

4. It will tell you too Restart. Restart.

5.Install 97.44
(P.S - I play wow for hrs and hrs. at a sitting. with no problems. If your BSODing after about 5-20+min. of WoW, It's not the video drivers its most likely your PSU isnt giving the GPU enough power, A higher rated wattage PSU might be in order.)

Also make sure your DX drivers are the newest. I'm getting my 8800 GTX tomorrow from new egg and I've been reading alot of posts about Windows XP crashing and How These cards work better with Vista but I'm not ready to switch yet. Check out some other forums also theres alot of info out there about this problem.
I got this from another site see if it helps you...
Installation hint:

1. Go into Device Manager in the Control Panel under System.

2. locate the Display Adapter

3. Click it And Un-Install it. (All of it even the profiles.)

4. It will tell you too Restart. Restart.

5.Install 97.44
(P.S - I play wow for hrs and hrs. at a sitting. with no problems. If your BSODing after about 5-20+min. of WoW, It's not the video drivers its most likely your PSU isnt giving the GPU enough power, A higher rated wattage PSU might be in order.)

I have just finished installing vista & came back here to tell you guys that the problem has seemed to have gone away aftar upgrading to vista ,, ive been playing ghost recon advanced warfighter 1 for about 1 hour with all of the settings on high... with out any problems.. before on xp i couldnt even really play for 20 mins or some times couldnt even play for 2 mins 1 thing i havent done is install the 1.35 patch for ghost recon i did have this patch installed on xp we will see if if starts to play up aftar i install that patch, It will be weird cause other people can play graw on xp with the 8800 so i have no idea why it wouldnt work for me

I just got my 8800 GTX 763mb and man what a card. I also just got a Optron 185 dual core and it's taken me two days gfetting the heat under control. Glad you get it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom