First Time Builder Seeking Advice and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board comes with 4 sata cables and 1 ide and 1 floppy drive cable. The cable that comes with the monitor should work fine. Also the hard drive itself will probably have a sata cable.

I have that monitor, bought it from NewEgg. Everything you need for it to work will come with it. Oh, and you will love it :D

You said your motherboard comes with 4 SATA Cables. You only need 2 (1 for HD & 1 for DVD Burner), so you are fine there. I wouldn't bother putting in a floppy anymore, its useless.

If you search on NewEgg, you can find faster Optical Drives (dvd burners) for about 10 bucks cheaper, but IDE and not SATA like you have. Here's a link: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner - OEM

That's not that much money, but that could be used somewhere else.

Finally, you mentioned this PC was going to be for gaming. Are yuo going to be using the Onboard audio that comes with your motherboard? I would recommend a PCI sound card if you want better quality in games, music and movies.

I have that monitor, bought it from NewEgg. Everything you need for it to work will come with it. Oh, and you will love it :D

You said your motherboard comes with 4 SATA Cables. You only need 2 (1 for HD & 1 for DVD Burner), so you are fine there. I wouldn't bother putting in a floppy anymore, its useless.

If you search on NewEgg, you can find faster Optical Drives (dvd burners) for about 10 bucks cheaper, but IDE and not SATA like you have. Here's a link: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner - OEM

That's not that much money, but that could be used somewhere else.

Finally, you mentioned this PC was going to be for gaming. Are yuo going to be using the Onboard audio that comes with your motherboard? I would recommend a PCI sound card if you want better quality in games, music and movies.

I was under the impression you didn't want to buy anything with IDE and only SATA, also when getting the optical drive I was looking for one with lightscribe technology or something similar.

I was under the impression you didn't want to buy anything with IDE and only SATA, also when getting the optical drive I was looking for one with lightscribe technology or something similar.

first i'd like to congratulate to for actually doing your homework......

anyways lightscibe is pointless, all it does is like let u print on ur CD/DVD's, get a Sharpie :)

first i'd like to congratulate to for actually doing your homework......

anyways lightscibe is pointless, all it does is like let u print on ur CD/DVD's, get a Sharpie :)

I just thought lightscribe sounded cool and wnated to try it :D , do you happen to have another drive you recommend? also if i needed to economize on a PSU I saw some people recommend this one Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply 115/230V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail or would i be better with corsairs lower model Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX ATX12V V2.2 450W Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail. Would these be able to power my rig? Or do you have another you would recommend?

I just thought lightscribe sounded cool and wnated to try it :D , do you happen to have another drive you recommend? also if i needed to economize on a PSU I saw some people recommend this one Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply 115/230V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail or would i be better with corsairs lower model Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX ATX12V V2.2 450W Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail. Would these be able to power my rig? Or do you have another you would recommend?

Like I suggested before:
Buy.com - Corsair 520W SLI Certified Modular ATX Power Supply - CMPSU-520HX
or
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P3 550W ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100-240V / 200-240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom