8800 gts 640mb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtowns

In Runtime
I recently just bought a 8800 gts 640mb & a new power supply all came today first i hooked up the power supply & hooked all the plugs to the hdd dvd drive fans etc. & then powered it up.. all worked well pc started no problems.. & then i turned it of & then hooked up my 8800 gts 640mb ive hooked the pci-16 power connector to it then plugged my monitor into it & powered up the system the pc came on had but the monitor showed nothing.. the orange led light was visible showing that there is hdd activity but i couldnt even here the the hdd doining anythink also i had my speakers on & didnt even here windows start up so i turned it of & hooked the monitor back to my onboard graphics & still got nothing from the monitor now im trying to remove the 8800 gts but i cant i need some kind of guide or help of some kind ...,thanks

** edit its a 20inch wide screen... monitor by the way

No i get no display, the orange light is on at the front of the pc which is saying there is hdd activity but theres not.. i can here no noise from the hdd & even tho there is no display ive got my sound on & i cant even here windows starting so it sounds like its stuck some where else in the bootup process i need to get this graphics card out so i can see if the pc works when i plug back into my onbaord

The monitor is on but its like in standby just like when the pc is turned of... with the orange light no analog signal ... Correct i dont know how to get the 8800 gts out please help

You f***** ripper !!! fixed it !!! I FORGOT TO PLUG THE 4 PIN POWER PLUG INTO THE MOTHERBOARD FOR THE CPU .. I REMOVE IT WHEN I INSTALLED THE CARD

ok hmm.. using the nvidia driver . temps 56 C idle bus speeds gpu core 513.000 gpu memory 792.000 hmm

Fan speeds 675rpms idle

1.Is 56 C to hot for idle ?
2.Are the gpu speeds wrong or does it change when it gets into full load cause i know its ment to have 1600mhz memory clock
3.Are the fan speeds correct or again does it change to the gpu workload ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom