Further confusion, Tuniq tower related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
yes forgive me...I am confused easily when it comes to computer hardware, so I thought I was getting the tuniq tower 120 everyone recommends and loves: Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

then I noticed they also had this...
Newegg.com - Tuniq T-120-LFB 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

the first link says compatability LGA775, is that the same as compatability that Socket 775: Celeron D / Pentium 4 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo offers?

Which do I get?

My mobo is a Gigabyte P35C-DSR3

both will work, one just has a blue LED, the other doesnt.

are you sure? Surely the blue LED is worth the 7 bucks! ( sarcasm... ) but a blue LED wouldn't hurt the looks of my plain thermaltakearmor especially since my corsair HX 620 watt PSU has no LEDs to speak of...

oh and if you want it cheaper w/o the LED you can get it for $50 here
Petra's Tech Shop

and while your at it, pick up some MX-1 from them also :)

Although the shipping is 7 bucks for the tuniq tower, they don't seem to charge additional shipping for the MX-1 paste ( supposidly they say shipping for MX-1 alone is 6+ bucks ) great deal if I get em both for 67 dollars. THANKYOU!

So besides looks, those are exactly the same? I had the same question I just never made a thread?

well the blue LED tuniq tower has a plastic fan while the other one seems to be made of metal ( or black plastic... ), maybe sturdyness comes with an issue? If one things for sure, I hope the statement that installing the tuniq tower either leads to damaging your mobo or knuckles being lascerated is not true. No one on these forums apparently has a tuniq tower I don't think...

Although the shipping is 7 bucks for the tuniq tower, they don't seem to charge additional shipping for the MX-1 paste ( supposidly they say shipping for MX-1 alone is 6+ bucks ) great deal if I get em both for 67 dollars. THANKYOU!

yup, thats where im gonna order mine from. :)

No offense but I need for SURE confirmation that both tuniq towers are the same besides the blue LED light. If its incompatible or something happens I will be in deep ****. Can any of the veterans on this forum confirm that they are the same and offer the same compatability? Is LGA775 the same as as Socket 775? If so why do they call them the same names?

Both of them are EXACTLY the same, except for the LED fan. Socket 775 and LGA (Land Grid Array, referring to the pins) 775 are both referring to the same thing, the 775 pin socket. This gets a green GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom