Please help me replace this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys, i need a replacement mobo....the one that needs to be replaced is this one

P4VXASD2+

the thing is, i need the video card and ram to remain the same (planning on using the old stuff) but i would like some kind of dual core cpu setup (so both the mobo and cpu) to replace the old P4 .....and i need this to be $275 or under....so if yall could do this i would be greatly appreciative .

thanks for the help.....

the ram is 184pin ddr400

one problem tho jorsoft....the case isnt micro atx..its just atx ( i dont know if a micro atx will fit in it)

It will almost always fit, you just use a separate set of standoffs, which would be labeled as MA or Micro ATX or MATX (something like that). I don't think I've ever come across full sized case that didn't accommodate both.

You could also look into this type of board. It supports both ddr1 and ddr2 ram (can't use both at the same time) and has an agp and pci-e slot. Sometimes they can have a few odd compatibility issues with certain graphics cards so you'd want to research that a bit more, but for the most part they're just fine.
Newegg.com - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom