America's Army Sniper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Coyote

In Runtime
I did the advanced marksmanship training and passed with both sniper rifles, but I can't ever be a sniper in the game. Even if there is a slot open, it is greyed-out and I can't select it. One time last night the spot did light-up, but was filled 0.5 seconds later by someone else. Does it have to do with me being a new player?

I have another noob question about weapon load-outs. Only configuration #2 is different for me, this being the machine gun. 1, 3, 4, 5 are exactly the same, do they have to be unlocked somehow? I've qualified Airborne, SF etc but can't get any different weapons. What am I doing wrong?

The reason that it's greyed out is because there aren't enough people to fill the weapons slots. If the server is almost, or is, full, then you can bet all of the weapons slots will be open.

To change the weapon loadout:

- Go to the Record Brief Menu on the left of the screen
- There will be the following tabs at the top: News, Player Stats, Badges, M4AI Mods.
- Click on the M4AI Mods
- Change the weapon load out for the different slots (1-5)
*Please note: These changes will only occur if the game is in SF mode. If you are playing "regular weapons", the M16, AR, and Sniper are the only 3 guns you can get.

Hope this helps you. If you have any other questions just ask. My ingame name is {-RIP-}Moto, and I play like all Urban Assault.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. It's funny that you mentioned Urban Assault, because I wanted to try that but couldn't find any servers listed. I ran into that problem on multiple maps, yet if you go to Bridge Crossing for example, there are so many it fills the screen.

Bridge is alright, but it gets old fast. I prefer something more spacious, and found a great map something-Basin that looks like Iraq or someplace.

River Basin.

Also, try The SMU Map Packs, like River Village. Thats an open and very fun map.

If you are ever on Urban, look for the RIP servers - very good ping and usually always full.

Hey, is America's Army able to be played on-line in multiplayer mode? If so how does it compare to Counter Strike Source and Battlefield 2???

Shan, America's Army is soley online based. America's Army is a bit more tactical than Counter-Strike and much slower paced than BF2. If your an impatient player and don't like waiting once you've died for the round to be over, then it's not for you. That's the only thing people seem to dislike about it. Otherwise it's a great game, a lot of people play it. And best of all, its free!

I think it's funny that the other team always looks like terrorists. It was a pretty fun game, though. Too bad they stopped porting the new versions to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom