Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Sorry as you can tell I am a newb to this. But I want to get started building my own systems. I am going to buy the e6600 when it price drops on July 21'st. I was wondering I am going to be building it for gaming. I was going to build it for wifey for photo's and crap but I decided to let her keep the Dell Dimension 8400 instead. Anyways. What is the difference between Mobo's? I hope that isn't too general of a question. I know there are differences with what type of slots it has. But what are the main differences? Is it ease of OC'ing? Sorry, one other question. what is the benefit of SLI video cards? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

well there are two as of right now. intel and amd. intel uses socket 775 and amd uses am2 socket. i seee u are thinking intel, so just get something that has atleast 1 pci-e x16 slot. atleast 2 or more ddr2 memory slots. i wouldnt recommend sli because its a waste of money and i dont think the performance is better for the money ur spendin

thats an ok motherboard, but if ur going with intel cpu's then get this one, these are great and are highly recommended in this forum, it wont dissapoint u.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

or
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-N650SLI-DS4 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

i would personally go with the ds3r which the first one

The difference in motherboards is summed up by many factors including the manufacturer, what kind and how many processors it supports, who makes and what model the chipset is (the chipset controls how devices on your motherboard communicate), what kind of inputs it has (everything from PCIe cards to RAM to USB and PS2 ports), and the quality of all these parts. There are many more things that can fill this list but I believe I touched on the major ones.

When looking at buying a motherboard it is critical to ask yourself what your computer is going to be used for. If the answer is emails and homework an expencive mobo is going to be overkill. If your answer is gaming and high demand processing then finding the right motherboard can be simple but also a little pricey for someone who isnt used to seeing price tags for item like these.

I will put together a "buying a motherboard" guide if nobody can tell me that there is already on available on these forums.

Thanks for the help guys. As far as preference in Mobo's is concerened. I was wondering what about the P35, 945, 965. the difference's between these numbers. Not exactly meaning these 3 but the difference in numbers in general. Sorry to be so ignorant. If their is somewhere I could find out the differences then having someone explain this please point me in that direction. Thanks once again for your help.

Thanks for the help guys. As far as preference in Mobo's is concerened. I was wondering what about the P35, 945, 965. the difference's between these numbers. Not exactly meaning these 3 but the difference in numbers in general. Sorry to be so ignorant. If their is somewhere I could find out the differences then having someone explain this please point me in that direction. Thanks once again for your help.

Here is a comparison, of a list of Intel Chipsets:
List of Intel chipsets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom