Help w/ MB and processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

attean

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a Evga 7800gs. I uninstalled my old drivers and installed new drivers. I tried playing WoW and CS and noticed this card was running worse then my previous card a ti4200. So I thought it was the PSU maybe, so I got a antec 650W true power trio. Well that wasn't the case either. My FPS drops constantly in those games. I know my comp isn't the greatest, but I would of thought it should work better /w a new card. So i'm hoping it's not the card and just my MB being ******py.

These are the specs of my comp:

Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4A, 2400 MHz (4.5 x 533)
Motherboard Name Intel Rexburg D845GRG (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845G
System Memory 2046 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (02/13/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS (256 MB)
Monitor SyncMaster 940BW/199BW/941BW, SyncMaster Magic CX915BW(Analog) [NoDB] (HTBLC03627)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

Storage
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0
Optical Drive SONY CD-RW CRX220E1 (52x/24x/52x CD-RW)

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 305242 MB (283870 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network
Primary IP Address 192.168.1.101
Primary MAC Address 00-18-39-12-C7-CC
Network Adapter Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (192.168.1.101)
Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Peripherals
USB Device Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

What do you think I should do? If I have to replace my MB and processor, what should I get? someone recommended to me P4P500-E Socket 478, but these are hard to come by and only come in used, but I heard there one of the best MB's for AGP. I want to be able to use my Vcard, HD, PSU, and DDR SDRAM (2xPC2700) on the new MB and processor. Any recommendations?

If it isn't my computer is it the Vcard? How do I test this or should i just contact Evga support for the warranty. Thanks in advice for the help

I just did all that and it's still the same way... those were also the same driver I installed after i reformatted when I got the vcard, but I ran it again just incase something got screwed up with the install

That processor is probably holding you back..I have the same P4 and it bottlenecks my 9800Pro in CS:S at stock, but barely @ 3.2ghz..Also, you really didn't need to get such an overkill of a power supply. A good 45-55 dollars would've done you just fine

that's the thing, mine MB only goes up to 4X...so that's why if I should get the P4P800-E Deluxe... or w/e MB is suggest and if needed a processor. I just need my the things listed on first post to work on new MB..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom