Final Final Build.... I will order it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Okay, after a long vacation I am finally going to order the parts to build my pc. :D

Here's what I came up with after all of your guy's input......

Wish list details

I was gonna get the GTX but it got too high for the total price so I left it with just the GTS 640MB, i think it should be enough to handle any game available as of yet.

Please if you have any input or any modifications that I should make dont hesitate to say so. If you want me to dump the case *cough* which i really really like *cough* for an Antec Nine Hundred, I might just consider :D

I still think the Zalman one I chose was a better heatsink but you guys suggested this Tuniq one. I guess Ill just have to see. :D

I was also thinking of getting this PSU instead of the one on the wishlist......

Should I get this? over the one on the wishlist? Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail

i am still a newb to this forum, but i am going to suggest some things that i think could be better. and this is just my IMO, but u do what u think is right.
first of all, the mobo. i dont know much about that mobo and its pretty expensive. unless if u r looking for any specific feature in that mobo, i suggest u get a cheaper like a DS3 or msi P6N. these perform really well and can overclock a lot
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
or
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
or
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

for the memory, u should go with g skill hz . they are really good. overclocker king memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

that psu is awesome, but if u have an higher budget, i would get the 620watt version of that psu, just for future..
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

for the cpu, e6600 is awesome, but i would consider getting an e6320 beacuse they are cheaper and are almost the same thing IMO.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Conroe 1.86GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
but u should really wait till july for the quads to be cheaper.

one last suggestion., i would get the samsung 22 inch monitor, if money was not an issue for u.
other parts look fine, the tuniq rocks, but if u wanna save some money go with artic 7 one, but if u have the money, tuniq is the way to go.
these are only my opinions and i may be wrong, and let me know if i am wrong.
good luck with ur build

Thanks for the advice, I have updated the wishlist and hopefully everything looks fine. I do like Samsung's monitors so I changed it to that. :D Hopefully nothing else needs to be changed as I will be placing the order now :D>

Way too much power for your system. Go for the Corsair 620W. Or the 520W, if you wanna, save a little money.

Normally you should stay away from Rosewill but that PSU has a good OEM number. Rosewill made one exceptional PSU called the RP550. The PSU came from a good company and how you can check to see what company they come from is the serial number. That 750w you listed is the same serial number as the very well known and good RP550 model so it may just actually be good.

EDIT: Like he said though the Corsair is a very good PSU with 5 year warranty and will handle your system and then some really.

OK thanks guys. I will order the parts the ones in my wishlist. Hopefully it will arrive within 10 days so I can start building :D I'll try to get some of my friends to help me build it and if I do come into a little trouble I know I can rely on this website :D Thanks again. I will be posting pictures of it when its done and Ill be testing it out. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom