Duel monitors, Primary monitor not knowing its primary software wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_gr1m

Beta member
My primary monitor is showing as my secondary monitor in my ati and windows settings, and my secondary as primary, yes i know the box thing to click to make primary but i need the actually ATI i belive to realize that it is primary so i can select better resos on my games. (my primary monitor is labeld 2 and secondary 1 software wise)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Zanomaster/Helpmemonitorisomg.jpg

1)Primary monitor set up, showing that it thinks its secondary

2)Secondary monitor that thinks its primary

3)All ati settings are going for secondary

I really think this is a ATI like problem, but not sure.

use ultra-mon a third party monitor management program you have a 30 day free trial or you can obtain it through torrents but of course that is illegal under copyright laws

use ultra-mon a third party monitor management program you have a 30 day free trial or you can obtain it through torrents but of course that is illegal under copyright laws

ill look into this, last time i downloaded something illeagly i got 47 trojans from a overclocking program, luckly i was smart and got them out by hand picking every one of the **** things out. (online windows scanner actually did something the virus scanners could not = ) )

Have you tried switching the plugs the monitors are plugged into on the back of the video card? Typically the primary monitor is plugged into the left most adapter.

yup is, but ones dvi and others agp (or whateva) so if i were to switch id get worse quality on my main monitor and i dont belive my secondary supports dvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom