question about my processor socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys. i am in the process of upgrading by system, and i wanna do it one step at a time so i dont run out of money. the first thing i wanna upgrade is my mobo so that i can get a mobo thats compatible with a pentium 4 as well as a c2d, and may be quad core. the reason for doing this is because i have a pentium 4, 3 ghz processor, and i want to soon upgrade to atleast a e6300

i have one question, i used a system configarating software to find out what cpu do i have, and it said this
"PROCESSOR, 80547, PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, 630, SKT-T, MALE"

so my question is, does my processor has a 775 socket? and is it the same as this one on newegg
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

the reason for this is because i wanto find out if my cpu has a 775 socket or not, so i can get a mobo.

so guys, please could u suggest a mobo for me that would be compatible with the pentium 4 as well as a c2d for future upgrade. i would appreciate that. currently i am using corsair value select ddr2 533.

please let me know what motherboard i shoud get

thanks guys

goto newegg and find your processor.
goto specs.
and viola!
or use google.

not many people want to do your searching-work.

I would get CPU-Z for a quick motherboard find. Everest will tell you your motherboard all right...and just about every other frickin thing you could POSSIBLY need to know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom