OMG what HAPPENED to TF?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech-forums isn't more strict than it was before. The only thing that's changed is a more efficient way of enforcing the rules that were already in place to begin with.
So how come my post got deleted because I was cracking a funny?

I have always been cracking funnys on TF.

We give red cards to people who break the rules. Not because we disagree with what they're saying.
Very true. many here I disagree with, but their membership is not in jeopardy because of it.

So how come my post got deleted because I was cracking a funny?

I have always been cracking funnys on tech forums.
Depends on the funny and what it says.

If tech-forums was made to generate money, it would be a very poor way of doing it.
I am certain Larry has spent far more money on tech-forums than he's actually gotten back from it.

Sorry, may-be I've got more valid information then you do on the subject then. That can't be correct. If it was then he wouldn't have bought out "Jack" for a large sum of money that I won't disclose. Certainly someone who hasn't made his money back plus a profit would be foolish enough to put himself deeper into a hole. No, Larry isn't a stupid business man, that much I know for sure. He may not know much about technology, which is the reason why he has enrolled all of you chaps to handle it for him. Cudo's to you guys for your voluntary charity work.

That, and people who use the ToV forum get used to the ToV rules. Those same people then come over here and complain that they can't get away with doing the same things here.

The simple fact is, tech-forums is a technology forum. Not a post anything you feel like forum.
It is based around discussing computer technology and related material, and the rules have been set based on that.

I guess I can't slight you for mentioning & comparing tech forums to ToV. Since plenty of people have done that in the last few days. The difference is that tech forums is a business and ToV is a non-profit organization built by the community. The community is responsible for the community. The Admins and Mods are leaders, not police. We guide people in the right direction... most of the time.

Mike and myself have initially funded ToV and the rest has been from donations. Which I'm happy to announce that donations nearing the $1,300 range. Our membership has grown regardless of our lax rules and regulations. People enjoy themselves and enjoy the company of others and enjoy the freedom and ability to be themselves and be natural.

I apologize if our community made people realize that they can't stand being controlled and watched with an eagle eye. And they have also realized that it's boring and monotonous to talk about technology all day. They want to discuss other things and expand topics beyond technology.

I don't fault larry or any mods here for doing what they are doing here. But, let's call a spade a spade here.

Sorry, may-be I've got more valid information then you do on the subject then. That can't be correct. If it was then he wouldn't have bought out "Jack" for a large sum of money that I won't disclose.
the only thing that generates money here is advertisments, which doesn't generate a whole lot. I know, because I personally know a couple of people who once ran forums, with paid advertisments (google ads).
To keep a server running, it costs money to do so. This includes DNS registration and a power bill, at a minimum.

Larry bought the other half of tech-forums from Jack, because Jack wasn't doing anything for tech-forums.

I guess I can't slight you for mentioning & comparing tech forums to ToV. Since plenty of people have done that in the last few days. The difference is that tech forums is a business and ToV is a non-profit organization built by the community. The community is responsible for the community. The Admins and Mods are leaders, not police. We guide people in the right direction... most of the time.
Again, tech-forums isn't a post anything you feel like forum. it's a computer technology forum. The rules have been set based on that.

I apologize if our community made people realize that that can't stand being controlled and watched with an eagle eye.
That's an overstatement.
The mods aren't here because we want to control people. Believe me, we don't want to be deleting posts and banning members all the time.

We only want to make sure people aren't abusing tech-forums, or each other.

I don't fault larry or any mods here for doing what they are doing here. But, let's call a spade a spade here.
That's what I'm doing.

Keep it up apok. You're digging yourself into a deep hole of ignorance and making yourself look like a fool.

the only thing that generates money here is advertisments, which doesn't generate a whole lot. I know, because I personally know a couple of people who once ran forums, with paid advertisments (google ads).
To keep a server running, it costs money to do so. This includes DNS registration and a power bill, at a minimum.

Yeah, I personally know someone who owns and runs one too. ME.
Sure our membership isn't as large as TF's but I know for a fact that we have a very large server, many databases and a ton of bandwidth that not even TF could use. And it didn't cost that much money. Not to mention that we don't have ads, nor ever will. And not to mention we still have plenty of money to have game servers and ventrilo servers. and there are a bunch of other things that I won't even get into...

You may continue telling yourself whatever you want. You must have your reasons. But, do realize that I'm not making all this stuff up. I didn't just pull this out of my butt because I want to be vendictive or condesending.

Again, tech forums isn't a post anything you like forum. Can you say that one more time? Because I don't think I or anyone else has really gotten that point yet.

You're not here because you want to control people? Controlling people is your job isn't it? So why do you do it? If people didn't need to be controlled, then you wouldn't have your spiffy super moderator title. And if you don't want to control people, they why take the job? Power? Self worth? Charity... All of the above?

Because certainly... Dave or Trotter could probably handle the spammers at this point now with the new vb in place. But, there is so much more to be done because the rules and regulations must be upheld. You've got what 14 moderators? It's a big forum, with lots of members. Certainly you'll be busy deleting threads and editting posts and warning or handing out infractions.

Why? because the rules are strict. Technology Only Forums... Hate to break it to you but there are a hundred technology only forums out there... Take your pick...

I don't know where i'm going with this anymore... I'm talking to a wall anyway.

g-day mate.

Keep it up apok. You're digging yourself into a deep hole of ignorance and making yourself look like a fool.
How so?
I'm pointing out exactly why the rules are here, and also what and why we mods do what we do here.

You may continue telling yourself whatever you want. You must have your reasons.
I've pointed my reasons out to you.

But, do realize that I'm not making all this stuff up. I didn't just pull this out of my butt because I want to be vendictive or condesending.
And you think I am?

Again, tech forums isn't a post anything you like forum. Can you say that one more time? Because I don't think I or anyone else has really gotten that point yet.
No, apparently not.

You're not here because you want to control people? Controlling people is your job isn't it? So why do you do it? If people didn't need to be controlled, then you wouldn't have your spiffy super moderator title. And if you don't want to control people, they why take the job? Power? Self worth? Charity... All of the above?
*sigh*
read what I said the other times.

If I was trying to control everything, this thread would already be locked.

Because certainly... Dave or Trotter could probably handle the spammers at this point now with the new vb in place.
The spammers are a lot easier to take care of now. But there is a lot of work to do that doesn't involve spammers. And it would be a heck of a lot of work for just two people.

But, there is so much more to be done because the rules and regulations must be upheld. You've got what 14 moderators? It's a big forum, with lots of members. Certainly you'll be busy deleting threads and editting posts and warning or handing out infractions.
Again, there are reasons why the rules are in place, and there are reasons why infractions are handed out.

Why? because the rules are strict.
The rules are not strict. They are designed to stop people from abusing tech-forums, or each other.

If members don't like not being able to swear, abuse tech-forums or each other, or post inappropriate content, that's not our problem. We are trying to keep people from doing that, in order to maintain this forum for what it is.
There, I'll say it again. Tech-forums is a computer technology forum. That's what the rules are based around.

I'll explain this again:
1. there are reasons we have the rules we do
2. the rules are not more strict than they were before. We just have a more efficient system of enforcing the rules that were already in place.
3. People will push against the rules, no matter what they are.

Technology Only Forums... Hate to break it to you but there are a hundred technology only forums out there... Take your pick...
And?

Tech-forums is a big forum. People will come here for help, and most likely get help. That's the purpose of the forum, and that's what we are maintaining it for.
*Waits for another one of Apoc's attempts at having the last say* :)
Oh, I apologise for trying to help maintain the integrity of this forum.

You know what I find extremely interesting?

If avatars were real: Trotter's would have severe brain damage, Havoc's would have cancer and Harper's would have surely fallen over by now....maybe bump her head or something awful like that.....because she's on a bus.......and the floor on the bus is made of metal......unless it's a nice bus......like a tour bus with carpet or something......then I guess she might be ok.

Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom