Game Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSM CEO

Banned
Hello everyone, id first like to thank everyone who helps me out.

My son is turning 14 next month, and he wants a ''Game Laptop'' - He wants it to be a laptop so he can goto a game party with his friends?

anyway onto the point, he says he wants to play a game called battlefield on it.

Now i know a bit about computers, but NOTHING about what you need for games....Id prefer a laptop that comes built instead of buying all the parts and putting it together.

Thanks again

GSM,
Ive been checking out alienware laptops for a little bit now as im intrested in a gaming laptop myself. I built this on their website the other day.

[1] Auroraâ„¢ m9700

Processor: AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 Mobile ML40 2.2GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows® XP Professional
Chassis: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD with Clearview Technology - Saucer Silver
Motherboard: Alienware® NVIDIA® Mobile SLi Chipset
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at 400MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 100GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache
Optical Drive: 8x Dual Layer CD-RW/DVD±RW w/ Nero Software
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS - SLI Enabled
Sound Card: High-Definition Audio with surround sound
Wireless Network Card: Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card
Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem
Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth® Device
Primary Battery: Alienware® m9700 12-cell Lithium-Ion Smart Battery Pack
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Games: Battlefield 2142
Mobile Bags: Alienware® Odyssey Messenger Bag

$2989 is what it came out to before shipping. Note ive got battlefield 2142, I dont know if this is the battlefield your son wants to play but I would imagine it is. You could probably get one for cheaper that will be able to handle it, but I was going for the long run with this.

I dont think you would have a problem playing battlefield on that setup. I really wish I could help you but im in the same bind myself. Ive been looking for a laptop for when I get home in may. I originally planned on building a desktop but its just impractical for my situation. Now Im going insane trying to find the right laptop. It seems that all of alienware's setups are either C2D and skimpy on the graphics, or SLI nVidia 512mb and running amd turion single core on ddr 400mhz ram :(

Cyberpower and iBuyPower didnt really impress me that much either, but those are two more sites that will custom build a laptop for you.

I would recommend against getting an Alienware. For the price, the quality is mediocre and the customer service is terrible for any price. On top of that, Alienwares are just rebranded Sager/Clevo barebones (just about all the famous luxury gaming laptop brands are rebranded Sager's)

R&J Technology, laptop and desktop system builder is one of the most trusted resellers. You can get a fully specced one for around $3000. They will install all the parts and stuff and for that price will come with a 3 year warranty. It'll run Battlefield 2 or 2142 (whichever he plays) perfectly. If you're a little weary from buying from a less famous reseller, check out this guide on Sager/Clevos:

Clevo Guide - FAQ and Reseller Info - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

oh rj tech, i haven't bought a pc from them in a while! i got my old Pentium D Pc from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom