New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_storm

Solid State Member
Hi there, i'm buying a new PC and I have about £900 to spend. This is what I have managed to put together using quotes online:

Athlon64 3000+
MSI K8 Neo Platinum mobo
1024 Mb PC3200
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
80gb Samsung SATA-150
Sony CDRW/DVD
ADI V75F flat CRT 17"
GMC X-21 trinity case

What do you think?

looks nice, if you wanna throw a few quid over my way it'd be much appreciated ;)

I'm not too keen on MSI mobos though... i would go ASUS if i were you

oh yeah, build it yourself, it will be much cheaper and use www.pcindex.co.uk to find the cheapest prices for the components!!!

I really can't see how the 3400+ is worth the extra 150-200 quid. The performance difference between 512 and 1024k cache is negligible, and the 3000+ can be overclocked to 2.2 Ghz (3400 clock speed) anyway. This way I'm saving money and getting the same performance system.

£900 - Prettey good deal there. Is that the new ati card, if it is then it's a good price to pay for that pc.

Great comp dude, I actually made an order for the exact system except my hd is 120Gb sata. Wow ur currency is kick-ass dude. The Same system is like 2k cdn with taxes and shipping.:eek:

900.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 2,225.00 CAD
Canada Dollars
looks like u got the better deal cell.

this computer for £900 is the LOWEST POSSIBLE price I could get it for, by doing a price search on every individual component. I found that komplett.co.uk have the best prices around at the moment and so am buying most of the kit from there. I don't know what the VAT (value added tax) is in Canada but here it's at 17.5%.

www.dealtime.co.uk

They seem to have more shops and also calculate what the p&p will be. Theres nothing more frustrating than seeing an ultra-low price and then realising theres £15 shipping on it :angry:

I've read reviews on my mobo and it has been praised in many cases, and I also believe that the nforce3 250Gb is going to get better as more updates are available. I have gone for the OEM cpu and Thermaltake Venus hs & fan, as this works out cheaper than the retail box. Does anyone know if Thermaltake put thermal paste in with their fans?

I will probably perform the hard-mod on the radeon to make it 16 pipelines, and also flash the bios to the X800 XT clocks. I've opted for a Q-tec 450W PFC psu so power consumption shouldn't be a problem, cell I am surprised that your 380W is suitable for athlon64 and radeon X800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom