A unique problem in need of a unique solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuk

Beta member
OK hear me out. I live with my parents and I am connected in a network. The main computer downstairs is my parents and I want to disable the Windows OneCare Firewall service so I can speed up uTorrent. However, my parents are so dense that they cannot comprehend the idea that the Firewall isn't really that important to them (all they do is surf basic sites on it). I did it anyway, and of course the program turned all red with "WARNING: AT RISK" messages and "x"s.

So what I want to do is somehow disable the firewall and hack OneCare so that the bar stays green and with a checkmark, and no warning messages pop up. My parents won't know the difference.

Thank you very much, I know this is an odd problem.

I dont know of a way to do this thru OneCare. I have used it since it was first consieved as a Beta and i have yet to figure that out. There is no way AFAIK to do this. The only thing i can suggest is to go into the firewall properties and add UTorrent to the allow list and see if that helps any.

Other than that you will have a hard time finding any kind of hacks that allow you to do this. I have yet to find any.

I would look for registry information regarding One Care. Given its fully released form is pretty new to market so I imagine this information is scarce. Regardless of what you might read about lower OS hacks One Care handles this differently in Vista so take that into account as well.

Most firewalls allow you to unblock any ports you require. Is that the sort of thing you are hoping for ?

The only thing i can suggest is to go into the firewall properties and add UTorrent to the allow list and see if that helps any.
This was already stated by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom