no power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaser226

Solid State Member
Okay, so I put my computer on standby (winxp) and decided to go out for 3 hours. Now I come back and attempted to move my mouse and punch some keys to start my computer back up. I look at it and see no lights so I thought somebody turned off my computer, so I hit the power button. Nothing happens. I check the power to see if its connected properly; it is. Then I checked the main power switch in the back and it was switched on. I looked inside and I see a light on the motherboard. So power is going through right? But why is it that my computer is refusing to start up? I switched off the power switch and switched it back on and i hear like a really really small sound, which sounds like it was going to start up but didn't. Could somebody please give me a hand in solving my problem and what i could do to fix it. Thank you.

SMPS=Switching Mode Power Supply

Firstly, see that the wires inside Ur cabinet are not coming in the way of the processor fan.
A loose power supply plug at Ur PC end may also b the cause of Ur problem.

Every SMPS or a PSU comes with a rating.
For example,my SMPS has a 300Watt rating.
Which means that it won't be able to support the hardware which requires>300watts.

Btw, the SMPS comes along with Ur cabinet.:)

PSU problems

Hi. I have replaced the PSU on my Dell 5 times now and finally got that it is from low voltage. Is there a power supply that won't explode when voltage drops?

Thanks for your help,
Cheri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom