i want to know the difference between COMPUTER SCIENCE,COMPUTER ENG,AND PROGRAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna2006

Beta member
Hello I'm new here and I wanna Know the difference between computer science ,computer engineering please and computer programming Analysis and computer information system manager !!!:) Pleaseeeee i want to know that because I have to choose my career now !! Pleaseee . I will appreciate that ,, thanks

ok, well you could always look these up on google. But I will give you a brief indication.

Computer science is mostly math and algorithmic design/programming.

Computer engineering has a tiny bit of programming, but is mostly electrical circuits etc. This also has a lot of math.

Computer information systems, is mostly business classes mixed with alittle programming.

Now if we look at how well these jobs pay. Computer engineering would pay the best, but not by a lot. Computer science is relativly close to computer engineering, But I believe there is more demand for engineering specially in the US. Computer information systems would be the worst paying job out of these three. But ofcourse this would be true, you basically get out of the hardest part of the degree, math. You would also only have to take a minimal of CS classes, because you would not have the math for the rest. So I would encourage you to go for either a CS or CE degree, rather then taking a shortcut with the CIS. But it is up to you. A lot of people fear the math, but at an undergraduate level it is not so bad, atleast give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom