wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
how, how do yuo set up a wirless network for files sharijng and stuff, the senario is, this pc has a wirless router and is connected to a printer, i want the pc in my bros room to be able to print off my pc, it already has wireless broadband, connected via a pci wirless card, but how do i make it so we have shared documents?, both use xp to

thanks that looks helpful, but er..slight prob, whe i tried it my self using a differnt method before looking at the link, i went to control panel>network connections>netwokr set up wizzard.

so i have new 'shared' folder on this comp, but not on the other comp, this folder appears next to the documents in my computer, but i cant delet it, how can i get rid of it so i can set a new one up as per link?

Just leave it. When you want to share folders, just right click the folder and click the sharing tab. The rest should be self explanatory. Make sure both PC's are apart of the same Workgroup and they have a simple computer name. That way you can go to start>>run and type "\\computername". That will bring up internet explorer and show everything shared from that PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom