Good hardware monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Anyone know of a good hardware monitor for Linux, like Everest for Windows?

Thanks,
~Greg

type "top" in a terminal, then if you want to see all its various options, type "man top".........that will show the man page for it

The "top" works, but its not exactly what I was looking for.

jakec, I am still using Ubuntu, and loving it. The hardware monitor wasn't exactly what I was looking for either, but its closer and I'll probably still keep it because it is usefull and looks nice too. How do you get it to monitor temperatures? It says 'no sensors detected.'

I guess I am looking for something more along the lines of the 'HAL Device Manager' that came with Ubuntu. I don't like 'HAL' because it is not good at displaying the information about the hardware.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'Hardware monitor,' since that is not a good description of what I want.

Thanks for the help,
~Greg

if your looking to find something to monitor temps your gonna run into having to use a few different apps all at once cause nobody has really written much in that area cause it really isnt needed

hdparm will show hard drive temps if the hard drive has that capablity

as far as CPU temp and stuff like that, dont know.......basically the same issue as benchmark apps, they exist, but not like with windows because they just arent needed.........

whats funny is lots of apps cross over from linux to windows, but not the other way....for example many of the video encoding apps in windows use linux apps compiled in minGW to run on windows because the windows apps suck....ffmpeg,lavc codec, mencoder, etc etc are all from linux, you will find them as dll's or exe's in windows apps all the time

linux isnt usually used for gaming or overclocking either so you wont see many graphic benchmark apps or temp monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom