Wireless Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpage01

Baseband Member
YO guys. If your helping me, Im glad. Like super glad.

Well heres the problem. I have a netgear Wireless 802.11b usb adapter. And when I install the disk that it comes with, my computer continually crashes.

I went online and saw a couple stories of the same thing happening because the drivers arent compatible with windows service pack 2 or something. reports from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008XOHI/104-2760294-5769520?v=glance&n=172282&v=glance

(sorry I dont know how to make a link)

Well, they say to go online and download the drivers from netgears website. Well uh the only problem is, the reason I bought that wireless usb adapter is so I could go online. I dont have anyway of getting that computer Online that I know of.

Do you guys Know what I could do to get the Drivers?

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have access to any other computer that has the internet anywhere else?

Caffe's, School, Library etc.

yes, i do, well i have this one which is downstairs with the router setup. But if i download the drivers on this one, what good will that do? dont I need the drivers to be on the computer that has the device?

a disk... like a disk that you can burn cds onto?

Edit: oh and btw thanks for taking your time to baby me through this

That, if you want to spend a whole CD on it.

Or, just put it on a floppy if it can fit, if it doesn't then use a CD. You will have to burn the CD if you do.

OK guys, well the truth is im 15 and no computer genius, as you probably already know. So, I have the disk in hand and im at the drivers website and the computer is downloading them as we speak. Know on to the tricky part of getting them from where i downloaded them to, to a disk. I would appreciate it a **** lot and you would fix this 1 year of having the product, but not even being able to use it yet.

When it's done downloading, open my computer and then open the cd drive.

Drag the file into the window and write the contents.

When that is done, take them to the other computer and then drag them onto the desktop.

Install them.

well thanks so far. Ok when i click on the drive, my cd burning software comes up. And when i try to drag the file onto it, it like doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom