Did my homework, LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
So my uncle got a 25% off coupon for Tigerdirect and doesn't need it and wanted to give it to me. So I've been looking into a 19" LCD monitor for everything. Right now Im in the middle of HL2.

Now like I said, I've done my homework when it comes to LCD's. Most of the response times are bull, I know. But the VX924 looks really good.
It got nice reviews besides the fact that it isn't physically adjustable in any way. No raising or rotating of anykind.

On the other hand I found the Hyundai L90D+ which also looks promising. But recient reviews at newegg have shown a colored verticle line after a month or so of use.

So which do you think I should jump on? Or am I just losing my mind and look elsewhere?
-Joe

That first one looks like it will suite you well.

But consider sacrificing twice the response time (find an 8ms) and get one 2 inches bigger. You won't notice it being slower, but the extra space will be great.

I just (today) ordered that viewsonic from newegg. I'll let you know how it is. Oh... and it was 25 dollars cheaper than tiger direct.

lol 4ms and 8ms response time, I think the one I have is 25ms...maybe it's just cause I've had it for a while and am used to it, but I see no difference between this one and the one my friend has which is like 8ms, maybe 12ms...can't remember

I found this while looking for a gaming lcd(I was wanting crt but with lcds getting better technology lately, having a perfectly flat screen which most flatscreen crts arnt completly flat, the size, and crts give me eyestrain when I look at them long enough, I decided to go lcd). I was looking for one with a nice contrast ratio and refresh rate. This looks to have both and I have seen it recommended to gamers. Still checking it out right now to see if it will be my final choice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001185

I also found a samsung that had 8ms and 1000:1 contrast, but 600 bucks for a 19" monitor is really expensive......

Hope this helps.

I have the 915N that Vampire_Slayer linked to. It is a good monitor and my only complaint is that it doesn't have a DVI connector.

I've had the L90D+ for a couple months and it's been great. I went from a 17" CRT and i wish i wouldn't have waited so long. I was worried about the pixel issues, but i've had no problems so far. (crossing fingers) :p

Does a DVI connection help all that much? Also do you notice any ghosting at all on the 915N? If so, how much? Do the black levels look ok? Don't wanna hijack, but these may be questions that he could use answered too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom