New PC no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey

Solid State Member
I have set this up as a different topic but it is a continuation of the topic " New PC - Lights on, no fans". Hopefully this is a better description of the present situation.

I am building a machine at present and have everything put together but have hit a stumbling block. I have power going to the motherboard, fans are spinning, hard disks spinning. POST commences but no light on the floppy drive. Also, I am getting nothing on the monitor. I have yet to install an OS but should at least get a BIOS screen. I have tried changing the floppy drive and its ribbon cable and have tried another monitor but no luck. I am going to try a different graphics card later to see if that is the problem. I have reset the CMOS also but to no avail.
Suggestions appreciated.
casey

If you said the post commences then you don't hear a variety of beeps right? And what about the CPU?

No. That is giving me some concern but I wonder if it has been disabled in the original BIOS settings. Once again I do not know whether this would be normal or not. Maybe there is a problem with the floppy connection on the mobo but when the cable is attached incorrectly it gives the tell tale permanent green light on the floppy drive which would suggest that there is communication between the mobo and the drive.

Response to apokalipse:
1- No onboard graphics but I am going to try another graphics card later.
2- I was getting a single bootup beep when the floppy cable was reversed (my mistake connecting it) but at the moment no beeps at all. No display while I had the bootup beep either.

Response to obedyah
- Dont know if I have a problem with the CPU or not. The heat sink fan is spinning but I have no way of knowing if it is alright until I get something on the scree. I have removed the CPU twice at this stage to check the pins and they are fine. The setup again is a Pentium M 2.0GHZ in conjunction with the ASUS CT-479 adaptor and the adaptor plugs into the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Mobo.

Tried it using two separate monitors with no positive result. Also, seems strange that the single beep should occur when floppy cable is attached in reverse order but does not sound when the cable is connected correctly.
casey

Should have said, used a different cable with each monitor. I am going to try a different Graphics card later. I am away from the machine at present. Does it sound like the graphics card? If the present card was working should I at least see the manufacturer details on the screen even if there was a problem with some of the other compnents?
casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom