direct x 9.0c help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
i bought star wars battlefront (dont laugh, its a great game) and it cannot run without updating my directx from 9.0a to 9.0c. when it tries to update, it finishes the installation instantly. when i go into dxdiag, it still says it is directx 9.0a. i tried to download the "c" version from microsoft download centre, but the same thing happens. do i have to be on the internet for the web setup version to work? if not, WHAT CAN I DO?????:mad:

i have even downloaded the "non internet connection redistributale (sp?)" version but it does exactly the same thing. i will mention that i dont have in internet connection, do have sp2. would it be worth moving my computer upstairs, and using my dads modem to connect and then run windows update? i know that my hardware can run dx9.0c because my brother's computer has the same specs, and it works on his.

come on, sombody must know whats wrong!

i hav not experienced any problem with directx 9.0c, infact i installed it from a CD which came with a cpmputer magazine.its doesn't require any net connection.doesn't the game come with directx 9c....usually some games do....was there any other problem?????

yea the game has it, but the exact same problem happens. the card is an ati radeon x300 se, my brother has exactly the same card, and his runs directx9.0c fine

no, virus scan do not pick up anything, and no i do not have any other problems

i have even tried to use an unofficial uninstaller that reverts back to the 8.1 version but even that doesnt work. ive tried everything i can think of except from a format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom