FarCry Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, my computers specs are listed in my profile, 512 ram, Barton 2500+, and Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, how well will FarCry play on this system?

I understnad that it wont be set to high settings with AA/AF, but will it still be decently playable on my system?

I ran Doom 3 with 1024x768 at medium quality with nothing special turned on and it ran fine enough for me, but ran really well at 800x600 on medium.

It will play better than doom, that's for sure :p

Expect 1024x768 medium, no AA or AF and no shadows.

Well thats good to hear...

Is this game more fun than Doom 3??? Doom 3 got massively boring after I shot about a million imps... actually after like the 4th or 5th level, but still.

Far Cry is MUCH better than Doom 3. YouÂ’ll like it a lot. The only thing bad about it is that the enemies are WAY too powerful (2 hits kill you on easy) and the dialogue is the worst IÂ’ve ever heard in a videogame. You should use the default settings that Far Cry sets, than tweak them.

Yeah, that is the only game I've ever had to play on easy. It is a great game though. The graphic realism is matched only by Half Life 2, and it is a game that keeps you into it the whole way through. It should run much better than Doom, but still not maxed out. I remember when Far Cry came out, people were having problems with it even on the latest and greatest of hardware, which was the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and the Radeon 9800XT at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom