Virus/Spyware Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dollerooni

Beta member
Hi folks, my cpu usage has recently been running at 100% constantly, therefore meaning i can't run anything (or if i can, very slowly). I thought this could be a virus so i run Mcafee Virus Scan 2005 and nothing showed up. I then thought it must be spyware, so i ran Giant Antispyware and Spybot but the problem is still there. I got rid of the programs running in the background (in the bottom right hand corner of desktop) and it still runs at 100%. Can you please help me and tell me how i can fix this problem.

Click Start--> Run--> type msconfig--> Enter--> click the Startup tab. Uncheck everything except your anti-virus, firewall, and anything you absolutely need (like your broadband and such). Click Apply--> Restart. When your computer restarts, you'll have a reminder box pop up (the System Configuration Utility). Check the don't run on startup box, then OK.

Try these steps and post back if it helped.

I got rid of the unecessary startup programs from msconfig and also managed to delete a trojan when i scanned with Avast! virus scan. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom