a beginners guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
i basically graduated from college with some background on basic programming like VB, C, pascal and stuff. i can honestly say that im not good at it and easily get bored when some boring teachers discuss it. i cant even remember finishing a whole programming project without the help of classmate or without the already-written code i found on my PC. so i just assume that i dont have the talent for that sort of craft afterall i didnt enroll for a computer science degree to start with. but then, graduating from a computer enginering course and doing hardware stuff somehow put me into realization that choosing this field will might as well make you explore new or should i say other IT stuff and basically programming is what IT is all about. that made me decide i guess to go and give it one more try. so maybe with the help of some good gurus' here and some good reading materials i can do this things.
i have here a couple of questions that i hope you guys wouldnt bother to answer:

-my GF recently gave me a FOXPRO installer and i do have no knowledge with regards to this.. where do i start? what foxpro can offer me as far as my profession is concerned? got so many questions in mind.

-any suggestions on whats the best place to start programming?

-im reading a book regarding windows security, and i do think good knowledge on programming is a big factor to apply whats written in there.
anyway, what program did bill gates use to creat windows?:confused: ( well watching "pirates of silcon valley movie", hes not the one who started it)..

so hope you guys can deal with my confusion.

thanks a lot!

well, if my memory serves me right....

Bill Gates started Microsoft in 1975, he and another guy wrote a BASIC interpreter. Later IBM hired Microsoft to build DOS (then called IBM DOS, and later MS DOS). So windows was written in BASIC and DOS.

http://www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html

i suggest you learn C++ and /or JAVA.
join www.builder.com

if you wanna learn the language, stay away from IDEs at first.

hope this helped.

thanks man!
ill follow then your advice.

is it right that DOS is a low-level programming? going back to the Bill gates thing, as far as i know, he only bought DOS for $? and not the one who created it. hes not a genious afterall.... he is wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom