.DAT to picture format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunter

Banned
Does anyone know how to convert .DAT files into a picture format? I have a bunch of photos on a cd but all in .DAT and it really sucks so if anyone has any ideas i'm completely open to anything.

isn't Dat (that) a vcd format? you must have pictures with music. you vcd software should have a picture folder of that vcd for archiving

either get snagit wich can batch convert images, or open em one by one with paint and save em as bmp/jpeg or whatever you want

Re:

umm.... .DAT is usually a Data file of some sort, which can be found in some software program file's. You can find .DAT files accompanying many game titles.

Usually, you can open them in Notepad. But it's no picture format.

Well i know it was at one time a picture, so there must be some way to convert it back.... It's the proper size of a picture. As for snagit, it doesn't open .DAT's and if i convert to .jpg by changing the name it doesn't help. Any other ideas guys?

it will probaly help if you gave more detail.

why not open it up with your program and capture that window with paint or jasc paint shop pro?

Ummm well i can't open the file's period except in say notebook so i can't do anything like that. As for more detail i don't know what else to give you.

what was it a picture of? how do it get converted to dat?

most dat are vcd files (usually pictures with music) try opening it with a vcd player like nero or WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom