My Documents and My Errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arifz2

Beta member
Usually, I'll open 'My Documents-->My Music' or 'My Videos' to access clips/mp3s the problem has started arising that every now and that one of these two folders has a fad where when you open them, the computer slows, and then the hour glass comes up, disappears, and after that, EXPLORER.exe kinda just freezes. I end up ending the task, and explorer restarts and everthings peachy. i ran webroot's spy-sweeper, cause usually thats a problem, but even after that it keeps happening. a couple weeks before i had gotten a string of spys (TwainTech, 180search Assistant, WebRebates...) but im pretty sure all of those are gone. im running a Winxp home w/service pack 2, of course. i need help desperately----------thanks

Also---sometimes when i open up Internet Explorer--i get some popup for 'xslime' or something. I ran AlertSpy, and it found 8 different 'Browser Hijack' s in the Registry. it also found another TwainTech, and a couple cookies. I thought that i had gotten rid of all that w/Spy Sweeper, but it keeps coming back! PLEASE PLEASE if you know naything about the freezing folders/spyware tell me--Thank You!

Hi arifz2,

Please take a look at our "common instructions" thread (link in my sig).

I highly recommend using SpyBot S&D, and then posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Log forum.

Dave :D

Thanks guys, it really has been a pain to reboot everytime a folder is mysteriously corrupted---i'll try ur advice.

:) Arif z2

Jilan said:
how come arifz2 can double post?
it was a half hour later, and he had more to say, i would rather see aditional information than someone just adding an extra post "bump" and as far as i know, it's not a crime to double post... it's just courtesy.

now if you are having a problem submitting posts to this forum please open your own thread in the proper location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom