Playstation 2 Mod Chip Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustTroItIn

Beta member
I live in the US and have a US playstation. I have never screwed around with mod chips because I never had a need. Well, I now have a need and it's name is "Riding Spirits 2". This game has been released in Japan and in the UK, but it looks like we will not be so lucky here in the US.

I'd like to get an import copy and mod my PS2 so I can play it. The problem is this, I would like to get an English copy, but the UK uses PAL video output format, where as here in the US (and Japan) we us NTSC. I would like to get the UK version so it's in English, but I'll settle for the Japanese version if this can't be done.

I have seen PAL to NTSC converters for sale online. Does anyone know if they work? Ideally I would like to use my PS2 with a mod chip and use the PAL to NTSC converter, but I have seen no evidence that this combo would actually work.

Anyone know if I'm dreaming, or should I just buy the Japanese version and be happy I can at least play the game.

Thanks for the help!

if you can get your ps2 moddified properly, you will still be able to run the ps2 with all its normal features plus be able to play all those extra. i say if you know what your doing, go for it but its definately still a risk. depending on how confident you are with the chip and the moddifier, it really depends on you.

g'luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom