internet explorer? or mozilla? or firefox? or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b

Baseband Member
Which program would you use to browse the internet? I've heard that mozilla is a great alternative to internet explorer, but I've also heard of firefox. I dont get the difference between those two. Also mozilla isn't compatible with stuff like ESPN Motion so you can't see streaming video online but internet explorer is? Help me out 'cause im confused

mozilla is the company that makes firefox. firefox is free and i believe it is a scaled down version of their browser but im too lazy to check. as for your problem with streaming video, i think it is only a lack of a codec or program installed specfically for firefox that you need. internet explorer has much of this stuff built in but for firefox you will need a third party download. ive used firefox for several months, made the switch from itnernet explorer because of popups. the easy plugins make it a great experaince. i have a downlaods manager, i plugin for tabbed windows, etc etc.

I use internet explorer only because my dial-up ISP requires that I do for their accelerator. I actually like Mozilla FireFox better, and if I ever can get broadband, I will use it as my browser.

Firefox for sure! I've tried a lot of browsers and this one works best for me! Fast, no pop-ups.

I have PC's running IE6, Mozilla and FireFox and I have to say FireFox takes the cake. Although it doesn't work very well with some SSL encrypted pages (I have to use IE6 for those) I do like the speed and additional features it provides.

I personally use the Opera 7.5 browser. I perfer it over mozilla's firefox, because it let's me listen to live 365 without any problems. Also, it neat because it let's me continue with my last session when I restart the browser just by checking a check box. On the downside though, firefox is a bit faster than opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom