Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
hello i have page1.html
in page1.html is an iframe with page2.html
how can i automaticaly redirect the whole page (not just frame) from page2.html ,you can do this with meta refresh i know but this only works for the frame?
cheers guys (and girls):p

So you have the refresh working on the frame? Did you try putting that same code in the main page (which holds the frame(s))?

Thats the thing, its on a free host thats got cloaking on , i just want to jump stright out of it and go to the new site but not by opening a new window , this can be done by using the _top target but i dont think you can use it for a redirect

If you have .htaccess privileges you can use it to redirect to where ever you like.

Example 1

Example 2

Cheers,
Williwaw
thLavaLampSmall_anim.gif

wont that just redirect what is inside the frame though?

wont that just redirect what is inside the frame though?

It redirects the whole page because the .htacess resides in your root folder of your website. I would bet that you do not have access to the .htacess because it is a free hosting company. It is worth a shot though.

Cheers,
Williwaw

Thats the thing, its on a free host thats got cloaking on , i just want to jump stright out of it and go to the new site but not by opening a new window , this can be done by using the _top target but i dont think you can use it for a redirect

HTML _top - HTML Code Tutorial
Hmm, have you tried that just to see if it works? Probably not like you said, given the host wants their ads / name / etc abound. I'm not sure what they were - but there are some easy tricks to get around those, if you haven't found a solution already - I'll try to look when I get home.

Its not free hosting , thats the great thing , just a cloaked domain ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom