some games make pc hot others dont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
why is this? is it just because they need more processing power?
For example battlefield2142 doesnt really make my cpu/gpu that much warmer than idle but COD2 does(when i say it does i dont mean really hot, just warmer thanBF2142)

I find it strange because battlefield 2142 is a big intensive game and ive got the settings on highest yet COD2 gets it slightly warmer?

Hmmm

I notice that all the time. For instance, FarCry makes my CPU and GPU run a lot hotter than other games. I'm not really sure why, because they are all utilizing the CPU at 100%.

Rainbow six: vegas is the most cpu intensive game out right now.
It makes my cpu go 55c.....i know it's not exactly the healthy temp for AMD x2.
any other games the highest my cpu have reached is 45c.
so that vegas makes your cpu go 5-10c more than any other game would reach.
so ppl who have OC' cpu sometimes have problem running vegas because it really gets hot!

boomstick666 said:
Rainbow six: vegas is the most cpu intensive game out right now.
It makes my cpu go 55c.....i know it's not exactly the healthy temp for AMD x2.
any other games the highest my cpu have reached is 45c.
so that vegas makes your cpu go 5-10c more than any other game would reach.
so ppl who have OC' cpu sometimes have problem running vegas because it really gets hot!

ya man rainbow six challenges my comp to the max!! almost as much as medieval total war does

Since my power source blew last year, I keep the panels striped off, but yes, some game code can tax the system more than others, I often download, play videos, read the forums, and keep a game windowed, but if I'm going to play a problem game, I shut it all down, I chalk it up to bad programming. A good exsample would be dungeon lords, man did that game get on my nerves, I had to downgrade my audio to play half the sounds, or the fun that is gothic 3, even reconfiguering the settings file didn't stop the game from lagging or stressing the cpu and memory use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom