Reboot Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzy06

Beta member
hey guys,

I have a problem, i recently bought a socket 939 AMD 3700+, a ASRock motherboard with AGP, and a 1GB stick of corsair XMS ram.

Everything was working good for a week and all of a sudden my computer started to randomly reboot when playing CS:S or burning a cd, and after about a day of the random rebooting, it started rebooting before even logging into windows. When i turn it on, it would start normaly and after about 5 secs of showing the Windows XP Professional loading screen, it would reboot, over and over untill i turn it off.

I have tried a different power supply, and a different processor and it still happens.

I have no idea what the problem would be.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200), ram stock timings are 2-3-2-6, i dont know how to check to see what its actualy running at though.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions that may help please let me know.

And by the way, am not an over clocker, i have not tried or even thought about overclocking any computer.

that should have it post an error instead of restarting. then post the error back here. in your case you may need to boot to safemode to preform this action. it sounds like the mobo though since you replaced the PSU

1.Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2.Click the Advanced tab.

3.Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4.Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5.Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

I did have the reboot on error unchecked, at first it was showing a blue screen and a code at the top and underneath it said, "If you have recently installed new hardware, check and make sure it is properly installed blah blah" but once it started rebooting on the Windows XP Professional loading screen, it didnt show a blue screen or error, it would just reboot over and over.

I think it may be the motherboard too, but its just wierd that the thing ran perfectly for a week and all of a sudden this...

when you say it juts down does it just die almost as if the power shut off or does it shut down normally? it does sound alot like this could be related to the motherboard though.

It just reboots, the computer stays on, but it does an instant reboot. The computer never actually shuts all the way down, it just reboots, not a reboot like when you go to Start and Restart, it just instantly restarts.

i ordered another motherboard, its hard to find a good AGP socket 939 mother board. The motherboard should be here on thursday, ill let ya know what happens. In the mean time, if you have anymore advice or suggestions keep posting, i check here serveral times a day.

You know, I had a case once that did this to me. Try disconnecting the {front panel/case circuitry} from the motherboard, then power on by shorting the power pins with a paperclip or something metal.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom