Cannot delete WindowsXP Screensavers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna77642

Solid State Member
Hello:

Does anyone out there have any idea how to delete all those awful default screensavers that came with WindowsXP? There are about 4-5 that clutter up my screensaver choice menu and I would love to get rid of them but Bill Gates thinks otherwise, bless his heart.

As soon as you delete them, slide them to your trash can, rename name them or otherwise put a hex on them, they magically appear again, in tact, at the end of your list of files. Augh! Talk about road rage with no wheels.... LOL

Anyway, I would be eternally grateful, or at least embarrassingly appreciative, if you would email directions on how to get rid of the offending screensavers.

Any ideas? Hurry, now, my blood pressure is in the danger zone... LOL

Donna from Texas

No doubt about it...

If your operating system (ME) works like the WindowsXP, it will replace any removed/deleted/renamed files in the c:\windows\system32 folder before you can blink an eye...that's how fast it was. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....Windows can just drive me to drink sometimes! LOL

Thanks for trying though....anybody else out there with help?

Donna @ Defcon 4 now (about to launch the bomb LOL)

Thank you so much!

I appreciate the information! I downloaded the program, but have not gotten to try it yet, but I was VERY impressed with the list of features you provided me. How thoughtful! I can't tell you how very much I appreciate your taking the time to let me know about this marvelous program. I am very in to customization on my pc and just hate it when Bill tries to do it for me! LOL

I was amazed to find that this incredible software is free. Another plus!

THANKS again for generously using your time to respond to my plea for help! I will let you know how it works after I try it.

Have a great weekend!

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom