Bin utility, hoping this is the right room

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I've been wanting to find opinions as to what's the best utility I can use as a replacement for the recycling bin AND to clean up the mess that the recycling bin claims to have cleaned up but is just laying around somewhere.

sorry if this isn't the right rooom

CCleaner.

If you always remove things by mistake, the Norton UnErase Wizard is for you, it keeps small backups of each file in case you delete something important.

Well does it delete all the files that the recycling bin have "deleted"

Because when I used a utility to get back some files i've deleted, it reported back with a huge load of things that were meant to have been deleted even stuff that skipped the bin and went straight to deletion (i.e. temporary files)

No...I mean after I've done all that stuff,

the stuff the recyling bin claims to have permanently deleted still have remnants existing, every guide to optimizing your computer should tell you this.

Just download a recovery software and you'll see crap that you've forgotten....i just want to know how to get rid of it because I'm not in the mood to pirate any programs because the ones that detect these files are trial versions

im not asking for temporary files any more, unless the remnants of suposedly permannently deleted files are "temporary"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom