copying and pasteing HTML code,How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlilly

Solid State Member
Hi , I started a group on Yahoo. I wanted to put a button join this group on my web page to make it easier to join. Yahoo has posted a page with the HTML code on it and they say just copy and paste. Well, I hit copy numerous times went back to my web page and hit paste nothing happens, what am I doing worng????? I select the code so its boxed, hit copy, then go back to my web page hit paste, nothing. Frustrating. Tiger Help!!!!!:mad:

lol you cant modify it just like that , you need to edit the actual html file with notepad and re-upload

edit or use the builtin html editor,if your site provider have one

Do you have the actual HTML Code?
IT should look like this
<HTML>
<BLAH BLAH BLAH>
<Script Language="JavaScript">
Funct()
If Blah= Blah then BLAHBLAHBLAH
</HTML>

You need to insert that code into the actual page that you are wanting to add the button to. For example, if you want to add it to your main page, on your sever you should find a file called index.htm or index.html and in some cases index.aspx ECT. anyways Right click on that file and go to edit (Sometimes you may need to download the file, this depends on your OS and the Servers proxies and permissions) then insert the code wherever you want DONT FORGET WHERE IT IS and then reupload the file or save it.

If that isnt your issue, sometimes ctrl+c (for copying text and ECT.) doesnt work try highlighting the html and right clicking on it and hit copy. Then paste it into your document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom