upgrade for current computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacko200

Solid State Member
right i have had no luck with trying to fix the problem of my whole computer crashing whenever i get 5 minutes into playin aoe 3 and WoW.

so i have decided to uprgrade my computer.

i have a intel basic motherboard
integrated sound
a basic agp 4x geforce 6600 256 mb graphics card
a intel celeron d processor
768 mb of value RAM

i have about a maximum of £300 to spend, and i will only want to be playing games like aoe3 and WoW and other stategy and mmo games. What are the best things for me to buy? i need help on whether to buy a new graphics card, cpu or ram.

thanks in advanced for help

First off that card is probably an 8xagp card but the board is probably a 4x agp. Run Cpu-Z to get a model number to be sure.

That equals about $600 canadian so here's what I would do

Gigabyte K8NF-9 NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Processor with Fan

eVGA GeForce 7300 GS / 256MB GDDR2 / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB )

Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply

Use your case and drives or save a little more and make a complete system.

i was thinking of getting

1 gb or ram like you said = £50
athlon 64 3700 + motherboard combo= £135

but i am not sure what graphics card to get,

i still have a bout £115 ($200) to spend on a graphics card.
What is a good graphics card that will run most games on alright settings?

Looks good, im guessing the motherboard is PCI e right? for under 200 bucks, you can get the 7600 GT for around 160 bucks. That would be a nice upgrade for you. BTW what PSU do you have? You might need to get a new power supply to handle the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom