Mic picking up Sound from headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcel

Solid State Member
Hey all, 1st timer :)
I just built my new pc.
Now I installed all the drivers n what not.
So now I install a program called TEAMSPEAK to talk to other people over the mic, and the people on the other end say they can hear echo's of themselves and that my button turns GREEN (This means i am putting out sound from my end to the whole TeamSpeak channel) therefor i was the cause of the echo! One thing i noticed is that no matter how far away my headphones are from the mic, the echo still occurs. I also played music on my pc away from the mic, it still picked up my headphone sound and transmitted it. I also noticed that when i turn up volume of music the sound on the other end (obviously) gets louder, no matter how far away the sound is from the microphone.
If I unplug my headphones the sound won't have any affect on the mic. So the mic is picking up signals from the headphones and not the PC itself (if you catch what I'm saying).

Any ideas on why the sound from my headphones is transmitting into the microphone? Or any ideas on how to stop it ? I need this fixed :) THX!

double click the speaker icon in the task bar. click on options, then properties. select recording. Put a check mark beside all options in the list and click ok. and make sure the microphone is selected and not "what you hear". That should fix it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the SPEAKER ICON... if you are talking about the SOUND MANAGER that comes with realtek, it hasnt got OPTIONS or PROPERTIES >.>
Soz, elaborate a bit more. I cant find what u mean

You have no volume icon in the taskbar? That is a speaker. If not open up the mixer settings for your realtek. It is just a reskinned version of the windows one. The steps should be the same as above. The Important thing is to find the recording properties and change it from "what you hear" to Mic. Addme to your msn I can walk you threw it.

Edit - You can also access it by going to control panel (category view) and select sound,speach and audio devices. Then click advanced audio controls in the left colume. That's your mixer

oh i c, thx for that.
I got into the recording section, but where it has a tick box and "SELECT" written, i can tick the microphone box? The only boxes i can tick are STEREO MIX and SPDIF. The other boxes (when i click on them) don't get ticked...???

And i don't see the option "what you hear"

The problem is if i mute my microphone in the play back section, I can't talk to other ppl on Teamspeak. I know i muted mic on my other pc and it still worked, it got rid of my own echo. But somethings amiss here... I re-intalled and nothing has changed >.>

Ok when i re-installed i am now able to select MICROPHONe in the record section. the problem is if i turn on MIC BOOST in either playback or record (which i actually need cuz my mic doens't pick up enough sound without it) it will cause the echo to other ppl on team speak

Turn your out going down in teamspeak. Keep playing around with it and use the test feature in TS to hear it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom