Wanting to upgrade internet PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
I'm currently wanting to upgrade my internet computer, don't care what I get, just need some help on some ideas. Money isn't unlimited, I have $350 max. The computer I am wanting to upgrade is an eMachines W2686.

Specs : Motherboard - First International Inc. (FIC.) AM37
Processor - AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (2.13Ghz)
RAM - Samsung 512MB PC2100
Video - Intergrated S3 ProSavageDDR 32MB
Harddrives - WD Protégé 80GB (WD800EB)
WD Caviar SE 80GB (WD800JB)
CD/DVD Drive - Lite-On DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
Lite-On CD-RW Drive
OS - Windows XP Home Edition SP2/Windows XP Professional SP2

P.S. I'm mainly wanting to focus on the RAM and Video Card. Thanks for the help, in advance. :D

EDIT : Just got an extra $250, so $600 all together, maybe I can get a new monitor too?

What do you want to upgade it for if it's just your internet pc? In other words, what additional stuff would you like it to do?

I'd get a gig of ram and a 6600 (or similar) card to improve graphics if you really need it.

I was mainly wanting to get more RAM, and an actual video card for online gaming/watching videos, but I'm completely lost, I don't know what type/kind of RAM to get, or what type of video card, I was also thinkin' of gettin' a new monitor, if I have enough money after purchasing the RAM and video card.

What kind of socket is that thing anyway? A processor upgrade may even be a viable otion with teh current prices on AMD single core ships.

since ur doing minor gaming, ur athlon 2600 is ok. 512mb of ram is so-so. video card is a must for u. so maybe get a gf 6600+512mb stick or gf 7900GT

I'm not too good with building/upgrading computers, do I have to buy a certain speed of RAM? Like PC2100 only? or can I get a different speed? Sorry, I'm a novice. :p

I have CPU-Z and I have A single stick of Samsung 512MB DDR-SDRAM PC2100(133Mhz) But, I don't want to continue using this memory, no particular reason, just want to get more reliable RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom