Does BET Offend you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cas, you should understand that as private owners they have the right to do whatever the !@#$ they want, whether it is fair, equal, etc.

I know where you are coming from though.

If they want a public forum then they should expect public comments (negative and positive, controversial and boring, argumentative or just plain boring). It comes with the territory. I'm just saying that maybe they need to lighten up a little. No one is threatening anyone nor is anyone using foul language. People tend to disagree sometimes and sometimes it can get really ugly. If it does, so be it. It makes for interesting reading and keeps members coming back. Drama is always good.

cas....

1) no, we mods DON'T start freaking out "At the slightest hint of a disagreement"

2) we posted rules and deleted some threads, etc. TO HOPEFULLY foster a "good" environment for our visitors/members.

3) I do not call threads/post that have 'yelling', curse words, insults, etc. in every other sentence a "good" environment.....

which that was where this forum was going, IMO.

4) and SO WHAT if a member mispells a few words or has typos. This is a 'chat' area, discussion board... NOT a national spelling bee competition. Why do you have to post messages to point out that AMD made a couple errors? WHO CARES!

So are you saying you cannot read between the lines?
You cannot understand the content of the words...UNLESS they are in 'perfect english'.
Are you not smart enough to figure out what AMD was trying to say?

Are you too cool, too smart, etc. to read the rules? Such a rebel!

SO... the whole point of this post was to prove a point!

And that point is:

If members are allowed to post insults, flames, curse, yell, etc. etc. THEN the thread goes down hill... FAST!

And what use it that?

JUST LIKE THE VERY NEXT POST you will reply to this one... you will insult or try to belittle my post and make me seem 'ignorant', etc.... Just like I did you.

ALL of this is not good for discussing any topic.

Yes, we mods can delete, close, and manage the forums etc. I know you think that gives us "A Power Trip" or something... But that is not the case. We mods want to foster a nice, educational, growing 'technology forum website' --- with an off-topic forum.

Sorry you and others don't see it this way.

PS. I will close this thead later on today, AFTER you reply.
Just because I want to hear what you say before I do it.
:)

while I was posting, so where you.

Question:
So how does this create drama or why is this good for the forum, when your wrote this:
----------------------

If you have a point then please do us all a favor, learn to articulate. At the very least, learn to spell!! Jeeeeeez!

AMD: When I read anything you post I just can't help but envision some guy sitting behind a monitor wearing a helmet and a drool plate. All I'm saying is that your writing makes you seem a little ignorant. Hard to take someone serious when they seem, well, ignorant.

-------------

a few things to come to my mind, by your comments:
1) your trying to make AMD look/sound stupid
2) your trying to make fun of AMD
3) your trying to make your self feel better by making fun of AMD

and 3, none of those comments had ANYTHING to do with the topic/thread.

So, why did you have to post them?

Your previous post:
"No one is threatening anyone nor is anyone using foul language."

Well, technically you are doing that... but not to a very serious degree. (but thats not the point)

PS. FYI, I'm not taking up for AMD, I don't even agree with him

If you read back a few threads (which obviously you haven't) I told AMD (IMO) that I didn't think his comments made any sense. THAT'S IT!! AMD replied with "Why, can't you read"???

As far as the bickering back and forth between AMD and myself, it seems all was started by him. I just pointed out that 1) I can read, and 2) He can't spell.

If that is too heated for you then by all means, close this pointless thread. Who cares???

Also, you are doing the exact same thing to me that you don't want done in this forum. Get off my ass already!! Why am I the bad guy here?? For expressing my opinion (which I thought I was entitled too)? Did I call anyone names? No.. Did I threaten anyone? No... Am I trying to stir the pot?? YES!! I thought that was what this was about. An open forum where people express their opinions. Apparently this is a forum of "mod approval" only discussion. I don't see how anyone just dropping by and reading this thread would be "offended"...

P.S. Maybe (especially as a mod) you shouldn't talk for anyone else here. It's obvious that you and AMD know each other because you took his side without reading everything. He is just as guilty as I am for mud slinging.

So long nice thread!

"PS. I will close this thead later on today, AFTER you reply.
Just because I want to hear what you say before I do it."

Larry, as the owner of this forum and someone who does not want to foster personal attacks and insults, you should refrain from involving yourself in pissing contests.

1) Very true... AMD and you were both "slinging mud"
2) no, don't have a clue who amd is
3) maybe I did "single" you out more, but that was not the "intended focus"
4) as this has been stated over and over and going over-kill already :)
"stirring the pot" is fine, just don't stir up the members

AND 5) THE WHOLE POINT of me getting involved in this discussion was to PROVE A POINT (which I already mentioned)

[ yes, I was doing what the rules say not to do ]

And that point is:

If members are allowed to post insults, flames, curse, yell, etc. etc. THEN the thread goes down hill... FAST!

as you and everyone else can see... it works... it can ruin a good thread.

Remember, my involved was due to amd and cas insulting each other, which had nothing to do with the discussion.

so lets not do it :)

thanks

Larry said:

1) Very true... AMD and you were both "slinging mud"
2) no, don't have a clue who amd is
3) maybe I did "single" you out more, but that was not the "intended focus"
4) as this has been stated over and over and going over-kill already :)
"stirring the pot" is fine, just don't stir up the members

AND 5) THE WHOLE POINT of me getting involved in this discussion was to PROVE A POINT (which I already mentioned)

[ yes, I was doing what the rules say not to do ]

And that point is:

as you and everyone else can see... it works... it can ruin a good thread.

Remember, my involved was due to amd and cas insulting each other, which had nothing to do with the discussion.

so lets not do it :)

thanks

Fair enough [biting tongue]...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom