Avant Browser vs Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always Export you bookmarks to someplace else so you can upload them again later. I did that when i switched from Firefox to Opera. For all intensive purposes i have found Opera to be the best with Firefox a close second. IE7 will make IE better but it still lags compared to Opera and FF. Opera takes a little getting used to but once you get accustomed to it, it is the best. Took me all but 20 minutes to make the switch.

i personaly think FF is faster then IE... i've tested it and FF is faster imo

but... its not a speed test guys.. you have to think of all the crap ie allows on your comp when ANY other browser except (im guessing) other IE based browsers dont

this whole speed test i think is dumb. if you have fast enough internet service your not going to notice a big difference.

they all seem the same to me, but go with firefox and opera for there options and security.

ZeroX said:
what do you mean by slowing down?

security wise it's pretty much ie just with a skin over the top, so take your chances with all the holes in ie.

I disagree with you in this aspect. I've been using Avant for about a year now, and used Mozilla till version 0.8. Avant is definitely the browser of choice for those with low RAM. As for the security, here's some of the features that make it much safer than IE (even though it runs on top of its engine):

1. Flash blocker: Downloads of flash, pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components can be blocked.

2. Pop-up blocker: pop-ups are blocked by default (only present in normal Internet Explorer for Windows XP)

4. Safe Recovery: After a crash previously opened pages are still available.

Aside from this, it's a tabbed browser (remember that it is an Opera clone), it's REALLY stable (bugs are quickly discovered and fixed), VERY fast, and FREE (in both aspects). Firefox is awesome, but if you wanna try something else, don't forget to give Avant a try...

firefox has all those features and 100's of extensions for even more features.

but everyone has there favs, i was just pointing out that avant is ie with a couple more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom