May I??

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
May I just rant a little bit about how mad I am at my computer? I know I shouldn't get mad at it because it is a machine but this is almost too much.

I bought a soundcard for my computer, it arrived today, so I installed it. Turn on the computer, everything is going alright, follow driver instructions and what not, but to my surprise, there still is no sound!:( I went to the soundcard website, downloaded the newest drivers, restarted my computer hoping to get sound, boy was I wrong. Still no sound:mad:

I'm just about ready to take my computer, throw it out in the driveway and drive over it with the truck! I just can't take any more of this computer's crap, I want it to die a slow and painful death:dead: Anyone got any computer killing tools I might borrow:D

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!:mad: :angry: :(
Sorry about that, but I just had to get it out of my system.
:(

I'm not askin for help, I'm just ranting and raving about how much I hate my computer. Sorry for the confusion.

You're using Windows ME...

That's likely the cause of almost all of your problems. That's one of the crappiest Operating Systems ever created...

If you MUST use Windows (I wouldn't :p)...at LEAST make the upgrade to 2K...

I wish I could. My mom is basically against all things on this computer. I'm surprised she lets me even use it. She's always saying, "What you do to that machine!" and of course I reply with "What do I do to this "machine" mom?" Then she gets mad, and I can't do anything about it. She was against me puting my pictures from my camera on here, I don't think she wants to spend any money on getting a new operating system, which I highly doubt she knows what that means, but what can ya do?

Oh, and I'm not taking any of it out on her, I'm just expressing my woes :(

Well, ME is the worst version of windows. Something happened on this comp (runnin ME) and now when I try to restart the comp, there is a black screen with a white arrow just sitting there. Can't move and the comp won't restart. ME is horrible. Let this be a warning.

toxicity_27 said:
I don't think she wants to spend any money on getting a new operating system, which I highly doubt she knows what that means, but what can ya do?

Download Linux ;)

Its all about installation, its not the computers fault you dont know how to tell it to work. First, what video card did you get?

qiranworms said:
You're using Windows ME...

That's likely the cause of almost all of your problems. That's one of the crappiest Operating Systems ever created...

If you MUST use Windows (I wouldn't :p)...at LEAST make the upgrade to 2K...
Lost count the number of times i have seen issues with Windows ME and sound cards.

If you look on the internet, you might notice a lot of sound card manufacturers have have the following driver downloads.
Win 95/98/98se
Win Me
Win 2k/Xp

It's kinda funny (and annoying) when you see that their is a serperate download for Win Me.
I have noticed the same problem with Modems too.

TO THE ORGINAL POSTER.....
Either fall back to Win 98SE or move on to at least Win 2kSP4

yea winME sux real bad. I cant get it to do anythign w/ my lan on my old machine and my old sounblaster wont even work at all! So you rnot the only one w/ this problem but fourtnately i have the drivers cd that worx great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom