[Project] Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Motherboard: Newegg.com - EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Graphics Card: 2x Newegg.com - XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model F3-15000CL9T-6GBTD - Desktop Memory
Hard Drive: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
External Hard Drive: Newegg.com - Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB 2.0 Black External Hard Drive WDME3200TN - External Hard Drives
Optical Drive: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
Power Supply: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Display: Newegg.com - ASUS VH222H-P Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000 :1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Case: Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW Matte black 0.8mm Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Mouse: Newegg.com - Logitech G5 7 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse
Mouse Pad: Newegg.com - steelseries 63005SS QcK mini Mouse Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories
Keyboard: Newegg.com - Logitech G15 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards
Operating System: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full - Operating Systems
Heatsink: Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler: CrazyPC Computers
Thermal Compound: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Fan Clip: 120x38mm Fan Clips for Megahalems: CrazyPC Computers
CPU Fan: SANYO DENKI|9G1212H101|Axial Fan | Newark.com

DSC04920.jpg

DSC04922.jpg

DSC04924.jpg

DSC04925.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

DSC04927.jpg

DSC04928.jpg

DSC04929.jpg

DSC04930.jpg

DSC04931.jpg

That is a sick case. Unique PSU mounting too, Looks sweet. Can't wait to see it finished. You gonna be doing any modding to it?

Man, I wish you had gotten a bigger monitor for that... 21.5" wouldn't cut it for me with a ****ing killer system like that... That's wicked sick though, I'm super jealous, not gonna lie. As soon as you get those cards, I think you'll have one of the most powerful systems on TF.

That is a sick case. Unique PSU mounting too, Looks sweet. Can't wait to see it finished. You gonna be doing any modding to it?

I like how rotated the motherboard 90 degrees so the hot air will go up which means I can overclock higher. I'm not going to do any modding because I don't have time and don't have the materials to do it. The bad thing about this case is that my 5870s will barely fit in the case. I wanted to water cool but my GPUs wouldn't fit. They should made the case 2-3 inches higher.

Man, I wish you had gotten a bigger monitor for that... 21.5" wouldn't cut it for me with a ****ing killer system like that... That's wicked sick though, I'm super jealous, not gonna lie. As soon as you get those cards, I think you'll have one of the most powerful systems on tech forums.

The monitor costs $150. 24" monitors cost double the amount. I was thinking of getting 2x 21.5" for the same price but I thought I would never need it. Everything should arrive by Wednesday or Thursday. I bought 2 5870 just to get 30k 3dmark06 so I could of saved $400 just getting one. Then when I sell these, I will get the GT300.

I want to see what those 5870's do :D
You'll find out as soon as I have time to overclock my system.

DSC04932.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

With a total of 5.4 Trillion floating point ops, and 3200 shader units (between the 2 cards), I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be crying and begging for one of those for christmas even though I don't game.

My 5870s arrived yesterday :). They very long compare to the 4890. Barely fits in my case. I currently having trouble putting the CPU fan because there isn't enough space.

Also, I received an email from newegg today. Guess what happened? I won in the 7 for 7 sweepstakes :). I won a Microsoft Swag Bag worth $150. I wouldn't of thought I would win since thousands of people registered. I wonder what is in the bag?

Newegg.com - Congratulations to all our winners!

DSC04935.jpg

DSC04936.jpg

DSC04937.jpg

Nice...those cards are super sexy! I also love that case! Very unique and seems to provide some good flow...plus Silverstone = quality.

Sorry that I haven't been able to update you guys or do any benching this week. Been very busy with school and computer science. I am waiting to see if XFX will send me a longer Crossfire bridge because I want to use x16/x16 for maximum performance. This is my conversation with a XFX technician:

[ 11/2/2009 1:35:58 AM] The Crossfire Bridge dongle isn`t long enough. I want both of my XFX 5870 on PCIe x16 lanes for maximum perfomance and for benching. Also, allows more airflow.
[BRIAN 11/3/2009 5:32:20 PM] Hi, all crossfire bridges are actually the same lenght. If you are using an x58 board and want to run crossfire, then you`ll need to have then in the top and middle slot. If you want to use tri-crossfire, then you`ll be using all 3 slots and the bridges will connect the middle card to both the top and bottom cards. Thanks, Brian.
[ 11/3/2009 9:30:29 PM] You are incorrect. There are corssfire dongles that are longer like ASUS. I bought these to benchmark. If I put one in a 8x slot, it will lower the performance of the cards.
[BRIAN 11/4/2009 7:09:54 PM] Hi, I found some longer crossfire bridges, but in order to run crossfire, you`ll need to run them in the top and middle slot. They will not work in the top and bottom slots. Did you contact EVGA and did they confirm that the cards will work in the top and bottom slots? We can send you the longer bridges, but I`m pretty confident that you won`t get the option to activate crossfire with that configuration. Thanks, Brian.
[ 11/5/2009 12:55:21 AM] This is the visual guide of the E760: http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/visual/141-BL-E759_Visual_Guide.pdf I have the 5870s on the top and the 3rd red slot which both are x16. Here I asked EVGA forums and someone said it works: E760 + 5870 Crossfire
[BRIAN 11/6/2009 1:07:21 AM] Hi, I already put the order in to get a longer crossfire bridge to be sent to you. Thanks, Brian.

Does anyone know if there is a difference if I use 2 crossfire bridges compared to one only? I am currently installing Windows 7 Ultimate because I am tired of waiting. I will see if it is still early enough for me to run 3dmark06 at stock before I go to sleep. After that, I will have to fix all the cables and stuff.

Intreresting case you have there. I have never seen a case where the motherboard IO Panel will be on top. However in verious instances, it would make sence.

My previous case, the Sunbeam UFO Clear UV Case as the IO Pannel on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom