Zip File Recovery with Object Fix Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It happened to me more than once that I was not able to unpack a zipped archive and recover the files within because the zip file was broken. Reasons for this can be numerous: Read errors, scratches on CDs or a system crash. Object Fix Zip is a zip tool that tries to repair corrupt and partially damaged zip files. It is possible to extract files from zip archives that have CRC errors or have only been partially downloaded. The free software creates a new zip archive while trying to recover the contents of the damaged zip archive
ziptool.jpg
ziptool2.jpg

Using Fix Zip is pretty straightforward. You add all the zip archives that you want to check to the queue. After that you can choose which actions should be performed. You may select to test the zip file for data integrity, fix / repair the zip archive and create a new working zip file and extract the contents of the zip to a destination on your hard drive.
The test simply checks if the zip file is not corrupted and writes all information discovered into a log file. The other options should be self explanatory I guess. You should be aware that Fix Zip is not able to recover files that are not there. If you have downloaded a 700 MB movie file in many zip archives and some of those zips are missing you will not be able to recover the whole movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom