Z-2300 / Z-2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmccorm2

Beta member
I am considering buying either the Z-2200 or the Z-2300. The only spec difference between the two is that the 2200 has a 3.0 in satellite driver as opposed to the 2300's 2.5 inches. The Z-2300 is the newer model so i was wondering if that half an inch would make them sound any worse????

Thanks sooo much for your help

They look O.K. to me... JUST OK. Either one will be about the same. Driver size by a half inch wont give you a huge difference to the naked ear, UNLESS they changed the speaker design/model; THEN you would probably hear a difference and should go with the newer ones. How can you tell this? You can't unless you buy both sets and take them apart.

The specs look ok on them, but I would goto a store and see if you can "demo" them buy listening. Most electronics/computer stores have displays and will let you listen through them. I really suggest that. If you do, dont just listen at low volume either. Crank them up a little bit to see if they can handle loud volumes. You won't get an accurate "feel" for them if you dont. Say you dont and you take them home dieing to blast some new music through them and be amazed... then you do it and they sound like a little boy beating an aluminum trash can!! Always test things out if at all possible concerning audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom