Your Recipies and Favorite Food.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I thought I'd make this thread after seeing a Similar one on the Forums on SETI @ Home. I really hope they don't mind me pinching their Idea.

Come one People.. Post your favorite recipes and your favorite food.

My favorite Food is pan fried Lamb Steaks and or Steak for a good few minutes in the pan. I like it rare and or medium rare.

My favorite food to cook at home is Chicken, the versatility of Chicken is un freeking believable.

I like to make sure the Chicken is fully defrosted under that Cold running tap, Cut all the Strings off holding it together and Cut all the Fat off it like the Fleshy part at the neck. and the bum I think. Run Salt over it and massage it in with your finger tips. Crack the Wings till they are fully open and spread accross the baking dish and take a large skewer and rest the Chicken over the top of the baking dish so the fat off the Chicken drips down. 20 Minutes per lb, Pound. and about 230C on a electric oven.

I love making Chicken. I also enjoy rubbing Garlic in to it like Garlic Past and fresh Garlic..

I'll give you a tip.. Please post back hear on the Forums if you try this and let me know what you think..

Do what I have said above but take a Large or two small oranges and stuff the chicken with them, Use the Oranges and the Fat off the Chicken all the Juices for tast with some Gravy Salts mixed in and OMFG.. BAM you have a Meat right their worthy for a King.

C'mon people post up.

I'll share a recipe or three. All are faves of the family that I make. Chess bars are simple and really good, but rich. Dump It Cake is a bit different in that it does not rise like a cake, but rather makes a strudel-type layer over the fruit; other fruit can be substituted for the crushed pineapple if desired. The Ranch Wonton Appetizers are awesome and often vanish as each batch comes out of the oven.

Chess Bars
1 box yellow or butter cake mix
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter, melted
3 eggs
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 box (16 oz) powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick spray.

Mix cake mix, butter, and one egg. Press into cake pan. Mix cream cheese, two eggs, and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar. Once mixed well pour over bottom layer. Cook 45-50 minutes until almost set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars/squares.

Dump It Cake
16 oz applesauce
Large (16-20 oz) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
1 box yellow or butter cake mix
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1+ cups pecans, chopped
16 oz container Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350F.

Dump applesauce in 9x13 cake pan. Dump crushed pineapple with juice onto applesauce, swirl with spoon to combine and even distribute. Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top of fruit. Pour melted butter evenly on top of cake mix. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly on top of butter using enough to completely cover surface of cake.

Bake 50-60 minutes until fairly set. Cook cake completely then frost with thawed Cool Whip. Garnish with pecan halves if desired.

Ranch Wonton Appetizers
1 package wonton wrappers (need about 48)
16 oz sausage (normally I use breakfast sausage, but others may work. Italian would be good)
2 cups finely shredded cheese, usually colby-jack or a fiesta blend
1 can (4.25 oz) chopped black olives
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced (use a red one to give it some visual "pop")
1+ cups ranch dressing

Crumble and brown sausage, drain well and put in mixing bowl. Add cheese, chopped olives, bell pepper, and enough ranch dressing to make the mixture rather moist and able to stay together. Mix by hand.

Heat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray. Push a wonton wrapper into each muffin form making a cup shape. Spray each or these cups lightly with non-stick spray. Bake wonton cups for five minutes, remove from oven. Put a rounded tablespoon of stuffing mixture in each cup then bake for an additional five minutes (you want to tips of the wonton wrappers to brown). Remove from oven and then remove from muffin pan, place or wire rack to cool.

Serve warm or room temperature. Can be served plain, or with sour cream and salse on the side.

White Chilli:
2-cans of great northern beans
1-chicken breast
1/2 -jar or more to your taste of your favorite salsa
6 oz.- jalapeno cheese,
1/2- teaspoon cumin
1/2- onion
crushed red pepper to your taste

Chunk up the chicken and cook it (can be fried) with the onions until well done
Add the 2 cans of beans, salsa, and everything else except the cheese.
Heat up until the chilli is hot and then chunk up the jalapeno cheese and add that. Let it all simmer for about 15-30 minutes while stirring occasionally and eat it
All ingredients can be adjusted to your own preferences of taste, hotter or more mild

Last edited:
OMG this is my thread! I love to cook and bake. Here is the recipe for meatloaf I pinched from Walt Disney World, its incredible

2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground pork
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350° F; lightly oil two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2" loaf pans.
In a large bowl, combine the beef,pork, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, green and red bell peppers, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, cracked peppercorns and salt just until well blended; do not over mix.
Divide the meat mix in half, shape into 2 loaves, and place in the prepared loaf pans. bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature taken with an instant-read thermometer is 155°F.
In a small bowl, stir the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. brush the meatloaf with the ketchup mixture and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Remove meatloaf from oven and let stand for 10 minute before serving.

Last nite I was experimenting with a Cooked Chicken and found stuffing the Chicken with Streaky Bacon was quite nice after all the juices from the bacon and the Chicken rolled out in to the baking dish thus stir in Gravy salts with a little bit of boiled water. Added some flour so as to thicken the gravy like jelly but when heated it went back to a Gravy state of liquid. I think it also preserves it as well.

230 C in the oven for an hour until the skin is crisp and salted. I all ways like to leave my Chicken in a bit longer especially a Chicken to not over cook it but well done being Poultry and the Chicken just falls off the Bone.

Since I started experimenting a lot I found out why chicken is so darn nice and how easy a Chicken can be sectioned such as Wings Legs and Breast. I all ways throw away the bottom of the chock and just bin the caucus but I know you can make Paste ECT; out of it if you have the right equipment.

Back
Top Bottom