Yougle: Watch Youtube Videos In Vista Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I've spent some time this weekend trying to improve the brilliant Windows Vista Media Center. One feature that VMC is lacking is the ability to watch Youtube videos. The problem was easily solved with a few google searches and I found Yougle Vista.
With Yougle Vista you can watch videos from Youtube, Google Video, DivX Stage 6, Daily Motion and WWITV within VMC. The interface is very easy to use and all videos play full screen. One drawback is that the link to Yougle Vista is within the program library, so I'm now searching for a way to add the link to ‘Pictures & Videos' or ‘TV & movies'.
You have to register with the developer's forums to download the file, which is a shame.

Yougle Vista allows you to watch community video - at the moment, video from YouTube, Google Video, DivX Stage 6, DailyMotion, WWITV, music from Shoutcast and (for Australians) The Chasers War on Everything and pictures from Flickr and ICanHasCheezburger - from the comfort of your own lounge, via Vista Media Center.
This software is free of charge, but in order to keep up with the costs in development time and hosting for the product, could you please consider donating (donation link found below)
For support, assistance, to check on the current status of the sources or just to comment on Yougle Vista, please feel free to visit the support forums at http://community.push-a-button.com.au.
NOTE: This plugin requires several video decompressors to work correctly. We suggest downloading FFDShow and installing it to give you accesss to a large number of playback formats.

The Yougle Vista SDK is now available in a limited form, to allow users to add their own new sources to Yougle Vista. Information on the SDK and 3rd party sources are available from the files area of the community site.
The current release version of Yougle Vista has some issues with YouTube and MSN Soapbox playback. If you would like these feeds - as well as a number of bug fixes and improvements - please download the 'Testing' version from the community site.

Yougle Vista Community Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom