Xbox 360 emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldthesage

Baseband Member
I have heard rumors that it will be possible to emulate xbox 360 and xbox games due to the amazing processing power of the ps3, would anyone care to confirm this? (or bust it if that's the case).

I highly doubt it. Number one, number one, the processing power would need to be IMMENSE, more than the PS3 is capable of as the XBox360's graphic capabilites in detail surpass the PS3, but the PS3 beats the 360 as far as geometric figures. So, alot of geometric figures in games are possible but not the detail. However, it is very doubtful that the full power of this geometry will be taken advantage of anytime soon if even in this consoles lifetime. Just way to much work involved. So in a nut shell... nope. Probably propaganda saying that the processor is powerful enough, but nah. Don't believe that one.

The binaries would have to be software emulated, since 360 runs a PowerPC chip... I really don't know how fast the PS3 CPU is compared to the 360, but it'd have to be atleast tenfold faster to emulate the 360. I just don't think it can.

Its not just the processor power you have to look at. The 360's graphic chipset is more powerful, however the CPU for the PS3 is the winner it couldn't be done. I don't see it being possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom